chat is closed?

edited October 2018 in

I see lots of old posts on this, but no real answers. I too am getting the "chat is closed, try later" message. I have cleared cache, cookies, etc. I have changed browsers. I have updated java.  Chat worked for me once, in firefox, then never again. If the page is working, right at the front it tells you estimated wait times. If I don't see that message, I can fill in the form all day and it still says chat is closed. Any other ideas beyond what I have already tried? Running windows 8.1 64 bit. TIA

Comments

• splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Chat, http://www.quicken.com/contact-us, is never closed unless they are having a company picnic, not sure what you are running into.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Quicken ColinQuicken Colin Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    What options are you selecting in the drop downs?  Have you tried changing the 3rd and/or 4th options?
  • edited July 2016
    Thanks Colin.  It doesn't seem to matter what options I pick.  The trouble starts, it seems, when the page never loads the estimated wait time.  If that is presented, then I can get to chat just fine. If not, then it does not matter what options I select, I get "chat is close". Of course, I know it is not really.  There must be something wrong on my end. I just haven't found the right settings to fix this. I have done all the things past posts suggested including upgrading to a newer java version. Are there any other settings, java or otherwise, that you can suggest I take a look at? TIA
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Just for grins ... have you tried clearing your browser cache and restarted the browser?
  • edited July 2016
    yes, more than once, just for good measure :-)
    edited March 2017
    Are you using a computer or a mobile device, like a tablet or phone?
  • edited July 2016
    computer.  saw the warnings about mobile devices.  tried it anyway and but got the same results. I am sure it is me, I just wish I knew what to try/change.  It is doing this on Chrome, Firefox, and IE.  All are current versions and up to date on patches, etc.  It seems like it's a configuration or something. Thanks for trying to help.
    edited March 2017
    You mentioned that it worked in Firefox the first.  I assume you use Firefox primarily.  When you clear the cookies and cache what are all the options you select in the Clear Recent History window?
  • edited July 2016
    Time range to clear: Everything
    Under details, everything is checked.
    exit and restart browser.  same result. thank you for continuing to try and help with this.
    edited March 2017
    Open the Firefox browser, click on Settings button in the top right corner. Next click on the small blue circular question mark sign (at the bottom).  Click on restart Restart with Add-ons disabled.  In the new window that opens try to stat a chat session.
  • edited July 2016
    Well, good news, bad news.  I tried this and when I clicked on restart it asked "safe mode" or "firefox refresh".  I chose safe mode.  Same result. No chat capability.  So, I tried it again, this time selecting firefox refresh.  I almost cancelled because twice it warned me that this meant I would lose all configurations, etc. Basically starting over.  But, I need chat to work, so I went ahead and did the refresh of firefox.  I am happy to report that I can now start a chat session.  As soon as the page opens, it gives me the estimated wait time for phone and chat which is what I expected.  I selected from all the drop downs and was given the form to complete that opens a chat.  Thank you very much for your persistance in helping me with this.  I think we can share this solution with others that can't get chat to work.  I'm just not sure yet what all I lost by doing a refresh, but right now I'm just happy chat works.  Thank you again :-)