Bill pay in QMac 2016 not working

edited March 2018 in

Just spent an hour on the phone with tech support and e-mailed my logs. Cannot get bill pay to send a transaction. Tried disabling and re-enabling the account download. Sending the payment results in "Waiting" in the check number field, and then "To Send". No error message is displayed.

Just watched the video from Eric Dunn about better customer support. I admit, I got to speak to a live person who was responsive, but at the end of the call, he could not commit to getting back to me either by phone or by e-mail about the resolution of the issue, and was noncommittal about whether he would escalate it.

Comments

• Quicken KathrynQuicken Kathryn Administrator ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017

Hi JBB,

Sorry you're having issues with paying bills--I see that you sent logs to us and the case is in the process of being escalated--in the meantime, are you signed up for bill pay through your bank?  We may be able to try some troubleshooting steps with this information--

Hope this helps,

Quicken Kathryn
    Quicken Kathryn
    Community Administrator
  • frankfrank Member
    edited December 2016

Hi JBB,

Sorry you're having issues with paying bills--I see that you sent logs to us and the case is in the process of being escalated--in the meantime, are you signed up for bill pay through your bank?  We may be able to try some troubleshooting steps with this information--

Hope this helps,

Quicken Kathryn

I too am having bill pay problems, but i am getting error <2006> in the Account Status window after online sync.  The bill is not getting send.
  • Quicken KathrynQuicken Kathryn Administrator ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

Hi JBB,

Hope this helps,

Quicken Kathryn

Hi frank, I think you may be having a different issue--you may need to contact your bank to resolve this--here's an FAQ with more information: http://knowledgebase.quicken.com/support/help/downloading-accounts-and-transactions-from-your-bank/error-2001--2002--2003--2006--or-2009-updating-accounts-in-quicken-mac-products/GEN86516.html

Hope this helps--
    Quicken Kathryn
    Community Administrator
  • edited July 2016
    Kathryn, yes, I'm signed up with my bank. Actually – and hope I can say this – I participated in the beta program and bill pay worked for me up until the production version today. I would also note that although Quicken 2016 allows one to do a payment with "Transfer" as the category (make sure Payment is selected instead of Transfer on the bill pay screen), it will not allow the transfer account to be filled in, which more or less defeats the purpose.
  • suebernardsuebernard Member
    edited March 2018
    Same exact problem.  Had no trouble doing this is the beta.  Spoke to a rep., he said it must be B of America problem.  Spoke to B of A, said it must be a Quicken problem.
  • denparrishdenparrish Member
    edited July 2016

Hi JBB,

Hope this helps,

Quicken Kathryn

Hi Kathryn - I've added a bill (Discover Card) with a payment of $50 on 12/18/2015.  It has not been paid and says "awaiting next bill".  I'm new to Quicken 2016, so I'm not sure if that payment is actually going to go to Discover eventually?  Does the "awaiting next bill" mean that the payment will not be posted until Discover sends me another bill?
  • rusty.angelrusty.angel Member
    edited July 2016
    I am having issues as well. When I first installed the new update, I set up my first Bill Pay account in Quicken following the instructions and it worked perfectly. Since then, I have tried adding 3 new payees using the exact same steps and none of them work. When I click "Pay Now" I get an error message that says "%@ is not enabled" Then reads "You need to enable bill pay at your institution and in your account settings in Quicken to use a Unable to send payment". I have looked at my account settings in Quicken and Bill Pay IS enabled (green light). I have looked all over my account at my institution and can find nowhere to "enable bill pay". I can call my institution to discuss, but he is what is puzzling. The first one I set up worked perfectly. I have not touched any setting at my institution?? So why would the subsequent ones not work as well?
  • GAWGAW Member
    edited July 2016
    Same error here "You need to enable bill pay at your institution and in the account settings in Quicken to use a Unable to send payment." I can't send or save an online payment in a scheduled transaction. I can send a payment from the account register (a single payment)
  • arnorrisarnorris Member
    edited July 2016

I spent several sessions with your tech support and I finally got Bill Pay to work -- but it's not intuitive. 

The issue I'm having is that once a bill pay has been accepted (envelope changes from open to closed) the transaction disappears from the register.  I just spent a very frustrating half an hour one one of your chat sessions and the support person had no clue as to what I was saying.  I had a simple question:

Does the software remove a bill pay transaction from the register once it has been accepted and only puts it back once the bill has been paid?

If that is the case the my next question would be "How can I cancel the bill pay?"

Alan