OSU Not Working for Express Web Connect

The MergThe Merg Member ✭✭✭
edited October 2018 in
I am using Q2012 H&B. For the past week, since the announcement that downloads would not work last week, I have been unable to download from any financial institution that uses Express Web Connect. As I understand it, a fix for this was put out on Saturday, but I still cannot download. I get the OL-899 error when connecting to any of those institutions. I have tried disabling the on-line setup, but when I try to reactivate it, I get an error that it cannot be completed, but that it is not my fault.

Are others out there having issues with OSU with regard to Express Web Connect. Two of my accounts in question are with INGDirect and PayPal.

Thanks,
Merg

Comments

• demary54demary54 Member
    edited July 2016
    I started having the same problem last night with my Woodforest account. Was on the phone with my bank for over and hour trying to resolve it.
  • The MergThe Merg Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Any luck in resolving it or no?

- Merg
  • kurt-ckurt-c Member
    edited July 2016
    I have made multiple calls to support and still can't get downloads they were not even aware there was a known issue which I found here.
    I could not even get log files to go to them on there own support email it won't ever attach.
    seems AS THOUGH they have major server issues.
  • Quicken TamaraQuicken Tamara Member, Employee ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Merg:  What happens when you use Account Actions > Update Now from the account register for an account with either of these 2 FIs?  CC-899 is Time-Out, is not happening for all ING or PayPal customers, and could be caused by something wholly unrelated to the server maintenance performed this past weekend.

Demary54:  Woodforest is currently experiencing errors for all account holders using Quicken and Express Web Connect (Quicken Windows) or Quicken Connect (Quicken Essentials Mac).  We're working with them and their service provider to determine the cause of the problem so we can get it resolved together.

Kurt-c:  Support cannot receive log files attached to Chat if you're using IE 8 or 9.  This is a limitation of the support tool we're currently using for Live Chat, and are working on getting upgraded.  If Support has sent you an email requesting logs, you should be able to attach those logs to your REPLY to that email; I strongly recommend you compress those logs using Windows Compressed Folders or WinZip, WinRAR or other zipping/compressing application.  Again, as I advised on another thread you posted on, your issue is completely different than the OP and you should start your own Discussion to prevent getting lost in the shuffle or receiving incorrect information for your specific problem.
    edited March 2017
    I get the same error whether I use OSU or update via the account itself. If I deactivate an account from on-line setup, I cannot reactivate it.

When trying to perform the update via the account, it seems to get hung up on the Authentication step.

- Merg
  • Quicken TamaraQuicken Tamara Member, Employee ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Sounds like there's a connectivity problem with your file on your system:

* Live Refresh bypasses our aggregation servers, and wouldn't encounter any fall-out from the server patches we implemented 5/10 through 5/13;
    * Deactivate/Reactivate relies on aggregation servers and MIGHT encounter fall-out from the server patches, but I checked the server status for ING and PayPal and we have an extremely low number of accounts in error with each;
    * 2 completely different methods of data aggregation (ING = QFX, PayPal = screen-scrape) that would access through 2 completely different aggregation server databases.

As I Commented earlier, CC-899 is a time-out, usually occurring after 3 minutes of inability to connect.  Aside from our server patches 5/10 & 5/13, Microsoft pushed between 18 and 25 Security Updates to Windows users on Thursday night (5/10) that may have caused some connectivity issues with Quicken - I can't advise why some customers were impacted and others were not, as we haven't seen any consistent data on this specifically.

Try following http://knowledgebase.quicken.com/support/help/bank-download-issues/message-when-using-online-services--cc-899/GEN83194.html and let me know if you're still unresolved.
    edited March 2017
    Okay, I'm not sure what happened, but it's working again. I hadn't tried it since yesterday morning and this morning before doing anything I checked my Windows Firewall rules and noticed that Quicken was not in there. I added Quicken and then tried setting back up downloads for INGDirect and one PayPal account and it went fine.

I then decided to try something out and removed Quicken from the firewall rules and set up another PayPal account. Well, that worked fine too.

So, I'm not sure what the issue was, but it is working now. Since nothing changed on my computer, I have to assume that it had something to do with the Quicken servers that is now resolved.

- Merg
  • kurt-ckurt-c Member
    edited July 2016
    Tamara, thanks for reply but quicken has real issues if they allow support to have software that does not support file attachments, it has nothing to do with ie unless in chat which does not even have attachment option.  I am referring to support email as instructed by support and the zip did not work finally got it sent by reply and they replied back with the same useless http://knowledgebase.quicken.com/support/help/bank-download-issues/message-when-using-online-services--cc-899/GEN83194.html, that has nothing to do with problem.
    The problem is that quicken has made some change to system and don't seem to have any idea what they changed, so can undo.
    Note I posted a work around for those  that want it.  But quicken OSU does not work anymore if you use web express.