My loan accounts changed from a register view to viewing graphs and account details like interest ra

katsrgr8katsrgr8 Member
edited November 2018 in
I have 3 loans - 2 mortgage and 1 school loan. I've always been able to enter information in these accounts and reconcile them just like I do with other accounts (like checking). I enter my payments in checking and the principle goes to the loan account. If I use the "Go to matching transfer" option found in "Actions" it doesn't take me to that item. It just takes me to this loan page that shows a payoff graph, a pie chart showing how an individual payment is divided, shows the interest rate, the monthly payment, next due date, etc. But I can't go to the account and add fees or other items that affect only the loan accounts because there is no place to enter them. Also when I click on the ALL TRANSACTIONS button, all the transactions from all my accounts show up EXCEPT my loan account transactions. HELP!

Comments

• Howard RoarkHoward Roark Member
    edited August 2016
    Quicken year, version and release? Operating system?

Are the loans enabled for downloading?

Please use a "Comment" (not an "Answer") to supply the information.
  • katsrgr8katsrgr8 Member
    edited July 2016
    Quicken 2013, Release R10 (22.1.10.2).
    One loan is enabled for downloading, the others are not (at least I didn't enable them because I don't download from those institutions). Does that help?
    edited July 2016
    I forgot to add that it is Quicken Premier
    edited November 2018
    You will not be able to see a register for any loan setup for downloading. Loans not setup for downloading do have a register that is viewable.

There a multiple views for loans.

Those views are selected by the three "buttons" on the loan display (just below the "Loan Balance"): "Loan Details", "Payment Details", "What If Tool".

"Loan Details" will display the register, when it's available.
    edited July 2016

You will not be able to see a register for any loan setup for downloading. Loans not setup for downloading do have a register that is viewable.

Those views are selected by the three "buttons" on the loan display (just below the "Loan Balance"): "Loan Details", "Payment Details", "What If Tool".

Okay, so how do I change the ones I didn't set up for downloading? I still need access to the accounts because I don't download the info. And, how did they get set up for downloading? Did setting the one up automatically apply to all? (They are all from different institutions - even different types of institutions)
    edited August 2016

I don't know what you want to change. You can not remove the graph portion of the display. My loan accounts have the register displayed below the graph.

I have no idea if your accounts are setup for downloading; or, if they are, why they are. You can verify whether they are, by looking at the Online Services tab of the Edit Account Details dialog for the account. One way to get there is to click the "Edit" button on the account in the Account List.
    edited July 2016

Only the account I set up has an Online Servies tab in the Edit Account Details dialog. The other 2 loans do not. Also, only the one account I set up has Update Now as an option under the Edit button. The other 2 loans (the ones I did not set up) do not show this option. So, it looks like they are not set up to download transactions. If that is the case, why did the registers disappear on these 2 loans? Do I need to remove the download option on the one loan to get the registers back? I can't update the 2 loans without the registers! (That's what I want to change - I want to get the registers back for these 2 loans. The graphs don't bother me, I just want access to the registers like I had before.)
    edited August 2016

I have seen no problem with "missing" registers with loans converted from previous versions or loans setup in Q2013. Make sure you are looking at "Loan Details".

I don't know of any magic bullet to recover missing registers. All I can think to do is delete the "loans" (not the loan liability accounts) and re-create them. If I were doing that, I would make sure I had a good backup.
    edited July 2016

Ahhh!! Found it!! The registers show as only one line at the very bottom of the PAYMENT Details page. I can only see the one line of the register at a time. Don't like that, but at least I found it!! Thanks for all your help! I REALLY don't like these changes!!!
  • RickRick Member
    edited July 2016

These 2013 changes are horrible.  I have two manual loans, and cannot see the register on either loan unless I go to full screen, and then I can see one transaction.  I could care less about the loan summary, loan deatils, or payment details (the last two views are basically a big blank screen - totally useless).  I don't understand why there isn't an option to see the register so that it is easy to enter a manual transaction.  I will probably uninstall Quicken 2013 Premier and go find an older version.
    edited July 2016

I feel the same way about the loan changes. UGH!! Some of the changes are helpful for me, but they even out and really make it not worth the cost of the upgrade. The main reason I upgraded was for the so-called easier to use and better budget tools. Yeah, those stink, too. Oh well. Good luck!
  • edited July 2016
    This is ludicrous!  I have downloaded transactions to my mortgage account that need to be reviewed.  How am I supposed to do that without viewing the register?  This is a huge oversight!
    edited August 2016
    No one is forcing you to download your loan account. If you don't like the way downloading loans works ... don't download.