Why did quicken close this post?

frankfrank Member
edited October 2018 in
http://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/has-anybody-had-any-success-with-quicken-2014-with-parallels-on-a-mac...

I figured this out!!!

Why is this post closed???

Because users reported that they returned quicken?

Quicken I am asking you to open this thread immediately!

Comments

• Howard RoarkHoward Roark Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Intuit did not close that discussion: I did.

I closed it because there was no useful information being added.

If you have something useful to add, you can add it here, or start a new discussion. If you just want to complain, go to: https://getsatisfaction.com/Quicken
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    If you have a solution, I'd start a new thread describing your original problem and then provide the answer yourself.  That way, all the good information is at the top, not separated by a bunch of posts from looky-lous and me-tooers.  It will be concise and to the point and prove much more helpful than adding something to the first thread.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• frankfrank Member
    edited January 2017
    I don't know the rules here but I created the thread how does "nowayJose" get to close it?  Suspicious to me!  NoWayJose there was very useful information being added!  Apparently this problem is being effected by a number of people!  Maybe not what intuit wants to see, is that why you closed it?  As far as I am concerned that is the reason.  Is intuit more concerned about looking good than making there product better.  thanks splasher but starting a new thread doesn't exactly help the people that commented in that thread.
    edited October 2018
    So you add an answer to that thread.  It is buried down deep and nobody will read that far or recognize it as a solution, just another addition.  If you start that new thread and the first answer they see is your solution, it will help out the next user because they didn't fall asleep reading through all of the me toos.
    The idea is to have a question and answer without all of the other distracting complaints.   
    So be it, if you don't want to share your solution with others, don't share, but then don't complain if someone doesn't share a solution in the future.
    If you are wanting to get a head count on people with the problem, that belongs over in the suggestion/complaint forum at: http://getsatisfaction.com/quicken

• frankfrank Member
    edited January 2017
    I don't know the rules here... but I would have thought that the original poster only has the ability to close a thread or an admin because of abuse or not following the rules.  This only adds to my problems with quicken...   The way this is going it seems that you don't care of a solution to YOUR problems.  At what point will you close this thread?
  • Howard RoarkHoward Roark Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    "At what point will you close this thread?"

Soon enough, if you keep posting like you are now. If you stick to using this Community as it was intended, you won't have any problem. But this is not the complaint desk; you were given the link where you can do all the complaining you like. Use it.
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    We are not Intuit employees, just Quicken users like yourself trying to help other Quicken users. We SuperUsers have additional "powers" to edit threads including closing them.

Greg
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • freeatlastfreeatlast Member
    edited July 2016
    I had the same problem: All the fonts were messed up to a point that Quicken 2014 was unusable in Parallels. Then I shut down the VM, and changes its configuration (hardware, video) to "scaled" rather than "best for retina". Obviously, this applies only to Retina computers. It fixed my problem. Quicken 2014 looks quite nice now. I do think this would help others, too, so it is a bit frustrating that the original thread is closed.
    edited October 2018
    @freeatlast ; I'll say it again, your answer is so far down in the thread, nobody is paying attention by the time they get there to recognize it as a solution.  Like I stated earlier, starting a new question and immediately answering it would help more users than a "me too" post.

• QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I'm going to change freeatlast's comment an answer and then recommend it.  That should make it more visible, so people can see it.
  • q_lurkerq_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    QPW:  Seems to me that change and recommendation only 'helps' if someone is seeking to know "Why Quicken closed a posting".  I still think freeatlast  is best advised to start a specific question about messed up fonts with QW2014 under parallels on Mac-Retina system, then post his solution to that specific problem.  The original question was also too broadly worded and based to allow a subsequent user to benefit from a recommended answer.
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Yes you are right.  Oh well we can only do what we can do.

I did put a reference to it in a thread about the Font problems and Parallels.