QW14 corrupted memorized transactions

Mark ShaftonMark Shafton Member ✭✭
edited January 11 in

For about the last 90 days I keep finding corrupted memorized transactions. Some disappear entirely, others just contain strange information. I correct them and they work for a while and then they get corrupted again. It usually occurs in small, alphabetical blocks of 3-5 records. File validation finds no errors with the files either before or after. Typically they are transactions I use frequently like the grocery store and the gas station.

Comments

• markus1957markus1957 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 11

Check your Renaming Rules for rules that may be responsible and Edit>Preferences>Downloaded transactions and uncheck "Automatically apply Quickens suggested name to payee".

I'm assuming you already corrected your Memorized Payee List?
  • Mark ShaftonMark Shafton Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Thanks for this info but the problem is not with downloaded transactions. The problem is when I am manually entering transactions. I type in a payee name I use at least weekly and either it is gone entirely or corrupted. Some payee transactions turn into deposits. Others lose category information.

For example I tried to enter an EFT transaction for the local grocery store today, there was no listing in the memorized transactions under that payee name. I have used that entry for years and never had a problem. I entered a charge to my credit card for gasoline and the payee was OK but the category was changed to medical.  I can go in and manually correct these and then this problem will crop up in some other area. Some come up with changed amount info even though the transaction is locked.

I have had no issues with the memorized payee list.  The suggestions you made for preferences were what I already had set.
  • markus1957markus1957 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 11
    I'd delete all memorized payees and renaming rules. Then regenerate them as you make register entries.
  • mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I wonder if syncing to the cloud could be causing issues. Or maybe file validation to clean up data corruption.
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • Mark ShaftonMark Shafton Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Thanks for the suggestions. I always suspect cloud sync due to the number of issues it has already had.......
  • mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Stop syncing for a while and see if your problem stops.
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list