Quicken home inventory detail view

edited January 22 in

I too am having difficulty with Home Inventory. When I try to run detail view, the Inventory program shuts down. I am running Windows 8.1 and have Quicken 2012. I have used Quicken for several years but not the Home Inventory piece. I tried Quicken support via chat for hours today with no progress.

Has anyone found a solution?

Comments

• rdmrjmrdmrjm Member
    edited July 2016
    I'm having the exact same problem with Quicken 2013 and Windows 8.1.  My new computer is a 64 bit machine instead of 32.  I don't know if that has anything to do with it.
  • rdmrjmrdmrjm Member
    edited July 2016
    If all else fails there appears to be a third party program called Attic Manager that will import Quicken Home Inventory files.  I just downloaded the free test version and it did read and convert my quicken database, but it will cost $30 to unlock the program so I can actually use it.
  • edited July 2016
    Thanks.  I believe my machine is 64 bit.  This issue was elevated to Quicken technical support but I never heard back from them.  It appears they are simply not interested in supporting it.
  • leishirsuteleishirsute Member
    edited January 22
    Many people use qhi.exe.  Quicken would be wise to make sure it still works.  It does not work for me on Windows 8.1 either.  I even started a new datafile and it still doesn't work.
    Quicken Windows 2017 Deluxe R19.1 on Windows 7 & 10 Pro