Can I get a definitive answer from Quicken Support if Bundled Inventory Manager qhi.exe is supported

leishirsuteleishirsute Member
edited January 22 in

Can I get a definitive answer from Quicken Support if Bundled Inventory Manager (qhi.exe) is supported in Windows 8.1?

To date, I have not been able to get it to run properly on Windows 8.1.

It crashes when accessing an item's detail.

If it is supported, please advise how to install it so it works properly on Windows 8.1. I installed it using the same install procedure during prior upgrades i.e. QuickenHomeInventory.exe

Thanks

Quicken Windows 2017 Deluxe R19.1 on Windows 7 & 10 Pro

Comments

• ronhall42ronhall42 Member
    edited December 2016
    I can attest to the fact it runs ok on Win8.1 for me. Support? I don't know but it should be as it's a part of the Q2014 package.
  • leishirsuteleishirsute Member
    edited January 22
    Thank you.  At least I know it's working for some folks and I can keep trying to get it to work.
    Did you have to set it to run as administrator?
    Curious.
  • ronhall42ronhall42 Member
    edited December 2016
    Mine is set for administrator but not sure it is not by default as I did not set it. Not highly proficient on Windows; can usually figure out what's wrong but takes a "month." LOL
    edited January 22
    Thank you for this info.  Are you able to determine if QHI.exe was installed in the C:WindowsProgram(X86)Quicken directory and what (if any) compatibility mode it's set to run in?

Thanks
    edited January 22
    I am using QW2013 Deluxe.  Could it be that the Inventory Manager bundled with QW2013 does not work on Windows 8.1?
    Does anyone have Inventory Manager that is bundled with QW2013 working on Windows 8.1?
    The behavior I get, is that it loads without error but when I try to access an item's detail, Windows 8 reports the program is stopping due to an error.  That's all - no description of the error from Windows8 or from Home Inventory manager.
    It installed without error.  It can be accessed from within Quicken 2013 or outside of Quicken 2013 with the same error result.
    I have tried running with XP (SP3), 7, and 8 compatibility modes with the same error result.
    I have tried starting with a blank new datafile with the same error result.