I just purchased Quicken for Mac 2015 and when I went to download it, it said that I can't use this

jsperos1jsperos1 Member
edited October 2018 in

Comments

• ZachZach Member
    edited January 2017
    What version of Mac OS X are you running?
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• jsperos1jsperos1 Member
    edited July 2016
    I am not sure exactly where to find that but it looks like it is version 10.6.3  ... Does that help?
  • ZachZach Member
    edited January 2017
    You must be running 10.7.5 or later.
    edited July 2016
    So it doesn't look like my version of OS X is up-to-date enough. I need to download lion (10.7) version in order for this to download? Is that right?
    edited July 2016
    Well I don't know if I will be able to get the version I need. Is there anyone that I can call about possibly getting my money back then? I literally just purchased this and now I cannot download it.
  • Levoy HLevoy H SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Why don't you update your Mac OS?  It's free and you'll have the latest features and security protection.  You're also going to start running into more compatibility issues with an OS that old.
  • volvogirlvolvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    It shows you posted this question from a Mac with OS X 10.5.8.  Here's a FAQ on how to update the OS.  (it's from Turbo Tax)
    https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901480-how-to-update-mac-os-x
    edited February 2017
    UH OH!  I should have checked that OS - we may have a bigger problem.  If it is running 10.5.x the hardware may be too old to go much further with the OS.  If it is 10.6.x as the OP states above there is a chance he can get to Lion.
    edited July 2016
    Well I talked to Apple and they said I can update to 10.6 first, then 10.7. That would get me to 10.7.5, which is the maximum that I can get in my MacBook, but will work for Quicken. Does that sound right?
    edited February 2017
    Looks like you made it - just barely.  Intuit says the system requirements for QMac 15 are....

"Mac OS X v10.7.5 or later (Lion) or later"

http://www.quicken.com/personal-finance/quicken-2015-mac