American Express Bank FSB update error CC-501

JimJim Member
edited April 2018 in

Since upgrading to version 2015, I have been getting error CC-501 when I do a one step update for American Express Bank FSB. The error code says it is a problem with the Quicken server. This has been occurring for several days.

Comments

• Howard RoarkHoward Roark Member
    edited August 2016
    "The error code says it is a problem with the Quicken server".

There's a lot more to the issue than that.

http://knowledgebase.quicken.com/support/help/downloading-accounts-and-transactions-from-your-bank/error-when-using-online-services--cc-501/GEN82555.html
  • JimJim Member
    edited March 2017
    I have tried the suggested fixes. If I try to deactivate and activate the account again, I get a CC-502 error code saying the website is not available. Yet I can log onto it with no problems. American Express Bank FSB did change their web content recently. It might be Quicken needs to update their access script to the bank. I also noticed the routing code in Quicken is different than the code on the bank website.
  • Howard RoarkHoward Roark Member
    edited August 2016
    You need to read the entire article ... including the last sentence.
  • JimJim Member
    edited March 2017
    After several days of trying the reset option with no success, it finally worked. Although the reset hung and I had to terminate the task. I restarted Quicken and ran the one step update. The American Express Bank FSB updated worked.