Quicken 2015 has stopped updating accounts

2»

Comments

• rforsterrforster Member
    edited July 2016
    wheelmang said:

Just had the same thing happen at 4:15 yesterday. Quicken was not able to resolve after a lengthy chat session. They have advised to reload Quicken 2015. I am waiting to hear if a reload means that I lose everything I have done since the new install. I do not think so but do not want to take a chance without confirmation from them.

Now receiving the following error message when attempt to download stock quotes:

qw PID(4808) TID(7) 23.1.7.6 1/6/15 2:55:03:486 PM ERROR Intuit.Spc.Authorization.AuthorizationClient "The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive."
  • mochockimochocki Member
    edited January 11

I am not sure if this helps. I recently received an update to eSET virus protection (within the last day are so) - it had a parenting control function turned on in the new update (even though I am 53 years old). It appears that after I shut that off (disabled) and tried the update link, that the update actually worked. I suspect that somehow the Quicken HTTPS server where verification is performed is somehow flagged (blacklisted) as an inappropriate website and it is actually the virus protection software that is blocking access to the site.

I hope this helps - being in IT and reading the various issues across multiple version, it appearss to me that it is something that is affecting multiple versions and may be sitting outside of Quickens ability to correct if is their HTTPS website has been blacklisted.
    edited July 2016
    mochocki said:

I am not sure if this helps. I recently received an update to eSET virus protection (within the last day are so) - it had a parenting control function turned on in the new update (even though I am 53 years old). It appears that after I shut that off (disabled) and tried the update link, that the update actually worked. I suspect that somehow the Quicken HTTPS server where verification is performed is somehow flagged (blacklisted) as an inappropriate website and it is actually the virus protection software that is blocking access to the site.

I hope this helps - being in IT and reading the various issues across multiple version, it appearss to me that it is something that is affecting multiple versions and may be sitting outside of Quickens ability to correct if is their HTTPS website has been blacklisted.

Thanx Mr Mochocki for you msg:  I use Norton 360 as virus protection.  My firewall rules list qw.exe as being "allowed" to access internet.  I'm not sure what else to check here
    edited July 2016
    mochocki said:

Try checking if you have any parenting controls on the Norton 360.  I had first tried just shutting down eSET and that didn't work (as I also have the firewall set as allowed for the Quicken Software).  When that failed, I dug further and found that there was a parenting control set onto my window user profile.  When I disabled that, I was able to gain access to the HTTPS servers.  I enabled my virus protecting software and kept the parenting control set to disabled and tried to update again - and it worked.  Sorry I am unable to assist further as I don't know Norton 360 - but check to see if there is Parental Controls that are turned somewhere in the software.  I would guess it isn't going to be the firewall or the virus control - but in a separate area specifically labeled along the lines of Parenting Control or Web Page Access Control.
    edited July 2016
    Markus1957 suggested: "As I suspected, it looks like a failure to communicate with the Intuit authentication server is causing your issue. http://knowledgebase.quicken.com/support/help/downloading-accounts-and-transactions-from-your-bank/unknown-error-when-registering-quicken-windows/GEN86349.html See instructions for "Underlying Connection Closed". My guess is you need to go to Windows Control Panel>Internet Options and reset the Security, Privacy and Advanced tabs to defaults. Then make sure in Advanced tab, TLS 1.0 is checked as well as SSL 3.0, TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2. You can experiment with unchecking TLS 1.2 as some have reported it conflicts with the TLS 1.0 connection in Quicken. TLS 1.0 and SSL 3.0 are outdated encryption protocols being phased out by FI's but for now, TLS 1.0 is still used by Quicken.

Even though you use Firefox, Quicken uses IE settings to communicate with the internet. If IE does not function or its settings are incompatible with Quicken requirements (Win 7 should be using IE 10 or 11), Quicken will not connect.

Did as instructed here and got following error msg:

qw PID(4620) TID(11) 23.1.7.6 1/6/15 4:02:24:419 PM ERROR Intuit.Spc.Authorization.AuthorizationClient "The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive."

Appears still to be a communications problem with Quicken servers.  None of my Intuit accounts will work
    edited July 2016
    mochocki said:

https://onlinefamily.norton.com/familysafety/help.fs?action=onOffWebSupervision
    Try this website for Norton 360 - and see if that helps
    edited July 2016
    mochocki said:

Thanks again Mr Mochocki -- However, I never installed the parental control that came with Norton 360 so I suspect it may not be the answer
  • markus1957markus1957 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 11
    Trying to identify a common thread here besides the log error. I am using QW2015 H&B on Win7/IE11 Norton Security Suite with no errors across 3 hits of the server today. Just tested again without issue. Are any of you using IE11 or are you all Chrome,Firefox,Safari.
    edited July 2016
    Dear Mr Markus1957 -- Thank you for your continuing interest in this problem.  I have been using Win7/Firefox with QW H&B 2014 for over a year with no problem until today (Current Firefox Version 34.0.5).  I can't even get logged in on any Intuit account User ID/PW -- get the error as set forth above in the Authorization file and the following log entries in the CONNLOG.TXT file:

20150106 16:01:02: Entering SignInUser
    20150106 16:01:06: AuthService SignInUser returned:UNHANDLED_ERROR: Code Enum:
    20150106 16:01:06: Leaving SignInUser

Let's see what the others say.  I hope they reply to you soon.  -- rforster
    edited January 11
    Just for grins can you logon to your Intuit account via Quicken https site? https://quicken.intuit.com/commerce/account/secure/login.jsp
  • edited July 2016
    I'm using Win 8, IE 11, Windows Defender is my only virus protection, and QW H&B 2015
  • hf8866hf8866 Member
    edited July 2016
    mochocki said:

Has anyone been able to sucessfully update with Deluxe 2015 R3?
    edited December 2016
    mochocki said:

@hf8866- There is no difference between versions in the way Q15 R3 connects to the internet. I have connected 4 times today with Q15 R3 H&B, no errors generated in the Intuit Authorization log. As the OP, can you look in Help>Log Files>Intuit Authorization Log and cut/paste the last few lines to confirm you are seeing the same error as rforster?
    edited July 2016
    Mr Markus1957 -- Yes, I can log in to the secure site and view my profile.  I use the same UserID and PW to long into this site also
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    wheelmang said:

Just had the same thing happen at 4:15 yesterday. Quicken was not able to resolve after a lengthy chat session. They have advised to reload Quicken 2015. I am waiting to hear if a reload means that I lose everything I have done since the new install. I do not think so but do not want to take a chance without confirmation from them.

@wheelmang ; Re-installing Quicken "should" not hurt your data in anyway, BUT to be safe, it never hurts to make a Quicken backup of your data file to a thumbdrive before doing the install.  By doing the backup, you know for sure that you have a safe copy of your data.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• DougDoanDougDoan Member
    edited July 2016
    Connection for Intuit ID Verification finally completed and updates are working now.  Someone bumped the Server!
    edited July 2016
    Pleased to see that Intuit turned the authentication server back on this evening -- problem solved with One Step Update back in business.  My thanks to Mr Markus1957 (Super User) for his continued interest in the problem and interceding with the Intuit folks to get this problem resolved -- rforster