Quicken Downloads From Schwab Using Security Token

RickDetroitRickDetroit Member ✭✭
edited October 2018 in

Before I opt for adding this security feature, can anyone tell me whether Quicken will still process downloads from Charles Schwab brokerage (using Direct Connect) if a security token is used? I'm not clear whether Direct Connect bypasses the security token process or not, or if there is any workaround within Quicken. Thanks.

Comments

• QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I don't know for sure, but when E-Trade introduced the option to use a token years ago, and people enabled it.  It did break their ability to download.
  • MikeMike Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017

After receiving my token, I asked Schwab technical support if activating the token would affect downloading transactions into Quicken and was told it would not. The Quicken download only uses your password and not the passcode generated by the token.
  • RickDetroitRickDetroit Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Mike said:

After receiving my token, I asked Schwab technical support if activating the token would affect downloading transactions into Quicken and was told it would not. The Quicken download only uses your password and not the passcode generated by the token.

Fantastic.  Thanks.  I'm not sure, but I think this means Direct Connect must bypass the passcode.  In any case, this is just what I wanted to know - it will work.  Plus, your conversation with Schwab tech support tells me they know this stuff (also helpful, I've never spoken to them about Quicken/Schwab connections).  Again - thanks.
  • RickDetroitRickDetroit Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Thanks for the info.  I saw those earlier threads too.  Because of their age I wasn't sure whether anything had changed since then.  Somebody had even mentioned that E-Trade bank (using Web Connect) wouldn't work with the token, but E-Trade Brokerage (using Direct Connect) would.  I believe Griz85 below confirms that, at least in Schwab's case, I should be okay.  I'll at least give it a shot now.