Are the bugs out of Quicken 2007 for Mac after upgrading to Yosemite yet?

edited October 2018 in

I run my business using Quicken 2007 for Mac and I want to upgrade to Yosemite BUT NOT UNTIL I AM SURE ALL BUGS EFFECTING QUICKEN USING YOSEMITE ARE GONE. I keep reading about problems people are having and SOME eventually work them out. BUT I CANNOT TAKE THE TIME TO FIGURE OUT THE BUGS while my business needs Quicken to work in ALL aspects, Manual bank downloading, check writing, reconciling, etc. every minute.

Anything I should do FIRST after backing up my files BEFORE I upgrade to Yosemite?

Comments

• volvogirlvolvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Haven't heard of any bugs for that.  And I don't think they are putting out any updates to 2007 anymore.  If you have the original Q2007 for Mac you can buy the new version that's Lion Compatible and works on the latest Mac OS including Mavericks and people say it works on Yosemite (and still Snow Leopard). You can buy it here....
    http://knowledgebase.quicken.com/personal-finance-software/quicken-2007-osx-lion.jsp
  • edited July 2016
    I have 2007 for Mac the Lion version always have. I mean bugs after upgrading to Yosemite.
  • Quicken TamaraQuicken Tamara Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

The Lion Compatible version of Quicken Mac 2007, released 4 years ago, has made no changes in programming and performs the exact same on Yosemite as it does on Lion, Mt. Lion and Mavericks.

Some users think there's a program bug when they've made a full operating system upgrade and expect their applications and files to be there when they're done.

First, make a backup of your data. Save that backup on external media - a USB/flash drive, an external hard drive, even a CD or DVD - before you make any system changes.

Second, make sure you have the Quicken Mac 2007 (Lion Compatible) installer available to you. It's most likely in your Quicken.com account under Downloads & Unlocks, but it's always best to ensure that it's there before you start. That way, there's less turmoil when you're upgrading your OS.

Finally, make sure your system meets the system requirements for the OS upgrade. The biggest complaints I've heard are from folks with older Mac computers who struggled for days with the OS upgrade because they had to keep adding hardware or other bits to get their system up to snuff for the upgrade. Check out the Mac website first, to be safe.

Once you've gotten your system upgraded to Yosemite, install your Quicken Mac 2007 (LC) product, then copy the backup from your external media before using Restore to get back up and running.

A final note: Some folks think that the recent OL-290/OL-248 issues created by the resurgence of the Poodle threat will be resolved by upgrading the operating system. This is not a correct assumption to make, as the blocks are in place at servers to protect them from connections, not on the computer or in the program itself.
  • volvogirlvolvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

The Lion Compatible version of Quicken Mac 2007, released 4 years ago, has made no changes in programming and performs the exact same on Yosemite as it does on Lion, Mt. Lion and Mavericks.

Some users think there's a program bug when they've made a full operating system upgrade and expect their applications and files to be there when they're done.

First, make a backup of your data. Save that backup on external media - a USB/flash drive, an external hard drive, even a CD or DVD - before you make any system changes.

Second, make sure you have the Quicken Mac 2007 (Lion Compatible) installer available to you. It's most likely in your Quicken.com account under Downloads & Unlocks, but it's always best to ensure that it's there before you start. That way, there's less turmoil when you're upgrading your OS.

Finally, make sure your system meets the system requirements for the OS upgrade. The biggest complaints I've heard are from folks with older Mac computers who struggled for days with the OS upgrade because they had to keep adding hardware or other bits to get their system up to snuff for the upgrade. Check out the Mac website first, to be safe.

Once you've gotten your system upgraded to Yosemite, install your Quicken Mac 2007 (LC) product, then copy the backup from your external media before using Restore to get back up and running.

A final note: Some folks think that the recent OL-290/OL-248 issues created by the resurgence of the Poodle threat will be resolved by upgrading the operating system. This is not a correct assumption to make, as the blocks are in place at servers to protect them from connections, not on the computer or in the program itself.

Great info, Thanks, Tamara!  Maybe you should write up a FAQ for upgrading to Yosemite.
  • rmoorermoore Member
    edited July 2016
    It's not the bugs that are the problem. If you are used to exporting customized reports, you won't be able to do it with Quicken 2015. I can get pie charts I don't need, but I can't basic reports for my CPA. It's making a lot of extra work for me.
  • rmoorermoore Member
    edited July 2016
    I can export all the data into excel. 300 lines of transactions. Then I have to manually put them into columns to get totals for taxes. Very disappointed!!!
  • Randy ChevrierRandy Chevrier Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016

Tamara, why are you and other "Moderators" ignoring the HUGE bug in Quicken Mac 2007 discussed in this post?: http://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/quicken-2007-16-2-freezes-stock-quotes-updates-edited-title-expanded

As stated by Marcus (Quicken Mac 2015 product manager) when announcing QM2015, "In my opinion, [QM2015] is a really great upgrade for Quicken Essentials users but may still not include the feature set that Quicken 2007 and/or Quicken Windows users need."

In the same post he also stated, "Long term it is our goal to provide a Quicken Mac product that a large majority of Quicken 2007 users will be excited to switch too. Until that time, Quicken 2007 for Lion will continue to be available to customers."

How can we continue to use Quicken 2007, a product that your company admits is still superior in some ways to your 2015 product, if you refuse to resolve bugs recently introduced to the product?
  • rmoorermoore Member
    edited July 2016

Marcus -Please update Quicken 2007 for the Mac users who have upgraded to Yosemite.  I have been a loyal Quicken user since the '80's when Scott Cook had 20 employees. I ran a million dollar business on Quicken. The handling of classes in QuickBooks 2010 wasn't as good as Quicken's handling especially for tax preparation and reporting. Hobbling along on Quicken 2007 for Power PC until then. Sometimes it crashes and we lose the work we've done. Nothing better than Quicken 2007. I've looked a lot. Not everyone wants just banking in the cloud.
  • rmoorermoore Member
    edited July 2016
    Don't do too much before quitting Quicken. Quit often. My husband spent 3 hours updating Quicken and we lost all the data. He had to start over. It happened when I had one file open and tried to open another before quitting the first. If you don't have to upgrade to Yosemite, don't. It's not worth it. If I had known, I wouldn't have upgraded to Yosemite.