"Balance" item disappeared from columns list

mskreindmskreind Member
edited October 2018 in
I opened up Quicken and when I went to transactions my running balance was gone, and it was no longer listed in the columns tab at the right side at the bottom of the page. What the "h" happened. I like having a running balance.

I am attaching a screen shot that shows the "balance" item in another of my accounts.

imageimage

Comments

• Quicken DaveQuicken Dave Alumni
    edited September 2017

The running balance is only displayed when your register is sorted by date. If the Balance column is there, but there are no values displayed, try sorting your register by date.

Hope this helps,
    Dave
  • J_MikeJ_Mike SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

In the case where no Balance column is available, you have opened a 'combined' register - such as Cash, Cash & Credit, All Accounts, etc. These 'combined' registers are capable of displaying multiple accounts and a balance is not displayed. The Balance column is only available when displaying an individual account.
    QWin & QMac (Deluxe) Subscription
    Quicken user since 1991

• universeuniverse Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I have always sorted by cleared (not date)  and always showed a balance up to this afternoon.  Something has changed.  The only event was the patch.    I am going back now to sort by date but that is not what I want to do to get a balance.  To have an option to sort but then be restricted to date to show a balance is not what I have been viewing every day.  I know I am not crazy so what am I missing?
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    [mention://86060 @universe] This thread is about QM2015.  You appear to be running Q Win.  Please convey your thoughts in a Q Win discussion on the topic.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP