Home

Why do I have one securities mismatch since I have upgraded to Premier 2016?

ManniesmManniesm Member
edited June 2018 in

Quicken will not let me change the name of the security in Quicken, saying that the security already exits, yet claims there is a mismatch.  I can't attach the screenshot for some reason, so here is what the pop-up says,

Securities Comparison Mismatch

Fidelity Advisor Financial Services I (FFSIX), Shares reported xxxx _ shares in Quicken (zero) _ Difference -xxxx

Fidelity Advisor @ Financial Services Fund I Class, Shares Reported (zero) _ shares in Quicken xxxx _ Difference -xxxx

How do I get the program to accept the downloads to that security?

The "@" is actually the symbol for registered trade mark.

Comments

• ManniesmManniesm Member
    edited June 2018
    The security in Quicken also has the same "ticker symbol" (FFSIX)
  • Bob_LBob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Please list your securities, CTL-y, and Sort on symbol by clicking the header.  Are there two securities listed with the FFSIX symbol?
    Quicken Premier Subscription, Windows 10 Home
    edited June 2018
    There were not, but at some point I edited the name of the second security (with a very similar name) to include the ticker symbol of the first in parentheses.  Hopefully, replacing that symbol with the correct one will solve the problem. Thanks for the help.
  • Bob_LBob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I am not following what you have done.  It is usually not a good idea to have differently named Quicken  securities with the same symbol.  
    Have you tried editing the transaction in question and picking the correctly named one from the security name drop-down box?
    Quicken Premier Subscription, Windows 10 Home
    edited June 2018
    That's not what happened exactly, but someone gave me a path to follow, which I think will work out. Thanks for your trouble.