Does Quicken normally check the Lock and Show on Calendar options in the Memorized Payee List when t

Rich_MRich_M SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 22 in
I meticulously maintain the Lock and Show on Calendar options in my Memorized Payee List.
Since I upgraded to Quicken 2016 I have been making frequent corrections to these options in my list.  At first I just thought it was my mistake and I accidently turned them on, but it just kept happening.
Today, while making some more corrections, I understood the pattern and what was happening.
Anytime I memorize a transaction in my register with CTRL+M, both the Lock and Show on Calendar options get checked also.
I don't recall this happening in prior versions, just trying to find out if this is normal or a known issue in recent versions.
Quicken 2017 Premier - Windows 10

Comments

• SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    For what its worth, I see the same behavior on Quicken Premier 2015 when explicitly memorizing a transaction.
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 7 
  • Rich_MRich_M SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 22
    [mention://84907 @Sherlock] Now that you said that, I went back to my previous version of 2014 that I have on another computer and found the same behavior.  I guess this has been going on for a while and I have just forgotten about it.

It's hard to keep track of all the idiosyncrasies in this program, I'll try to remember that one now, thanks for the feedback.
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I noticed awhile back that all my memorized payees were getting locked by default, but just thought it was something that had changed.  But I think (now that you point out this behavior) it might have just been that I stopped letting Quicken automatically memorize them.

I actually do want all my memorized payees locked, so I just considered it a lucky change.
    I don't use the calendar, so even though I notice that flag being set too, I just ignored it.
  • Rich_MRich_M SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 22
    [mention://44323 @QuicknPerlWiz - QWin15R10] I like having Quicken automatically memorize payees, so I don't have to do it manually often, which is why it took me a while to make the connection.

I have specific payees that I keep locked, so I quickly notice any that shouldn't be.

I used to use the payee list on the calendar when you could drag and drop a payee to schedule a future payment.  Since that feature was removed I no longer use it either.