Home

Scheduled online transfer in 2010

GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2019 in
I have been able to do all my online banking through quicken except for scheduled online transfers to savings accounts within the same bank. I can do an immediate transfer though quicken, but there is now option to schedule this as recurring.
Does anyone know if this is possible? One of the reasons I upgraded to Q2010 was the hope that this feature would be available. This would give me complete control with my bank without ever leaving Quicken.
user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 2004

Comments

• Howard RoarkHoward Roark Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Not possible.  Transfers sent from Quicken will occur on the first available business day.

If you are talking about a repeating transaction - from and to account always the same, amount always the same, day of transfer (or interval between transfers) always the same - and your billpayer allows that, you should be able to set that up at the billpayer's web site.

One other approach: schedule a Quicken repeating payment transaction in the Quicken account you want to transfer FROM.  Put the account you want to transfer TO in square brackets in the "category" field.  Choose the starting date and frequency and tell Quicken to "remind" you to Enter the transaction.  When you get the reminder, click "Enter" and modify the "Num" field to "Online Transfer" (it's a drop down choice) and enter the transaction in your register.  The Num field will read "Oxfr" and will send a transfer instruction to the financial institution the next time you successfully download from them.
  • GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

Not possible.  Transfers sent from Quicken will occur on the first available business day.

If you are talking about a repeating transaction - from and to account always the same, amount always the same, day of transfer (or interval between transfers) always the same - and your billpayer allows that, you should be able to set that up at the billpayer's web site.

One other approach: schedule a Quicken repeating payment transaction in the Quicken account you want to transfer FROM.  Put the account you want to transfer TO in square brackets in the "category" field.  Choose the starting date and frequency and tell Quicken to "remind" you to Enter the transaction.  When you get the reminder, click "Enter" and modify the "Num" field to "Online Transfer" (it's a drop down choice) and enter the transaction in your register.  The Num field will read "Oxfr" and will send a transfer instruction to the financial institution the next time you successfully download from them.

I think this may be an undocumented feature.  I selected "reminder" transfer and set delivery method to Automatic.  After hitting OK it entered the transaction with Oxfr prefilled!  I'll see if this transmits as it should.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 2004