On my check register, the "category" column only displays my accounts, not the actual categories to

edited October 2018 in
I'm attempting to enter bills on my check register, and when I get over to the "Category" field and I pull down my options, it only displays the other accounts in my Quicken profile, not the actual categories, like "auto, advertising, etc". Why is this? and how can I fix it?

On my check register, the "category" column only displays my accounts, not the actual categories to assign a transaction to.. why? And how do I fix this?

Comments

• splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    On the left hand side of the category pop-up, there is a list of category groups, "personal income, personal expense, transfers and all categories".  Sounds like "transfers" is selected in yours.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• edited July 2016
    splasher said:

On the left hand side of the category pop-up, there is a list of category groups, "personal income, personal expense, transfers and all categories".  Sounds like "transfers" is selected in yours.

Splasher, thank you for your help.  I see what you're saying, but I dont know how to "unselect" transfers, so the other true "categories" show up in the register.. can you help with this?
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    splasher said:

The selection is a "radio" button pick, just click on one of the other choices, probably "All categories" is the one you want.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• TJTJ Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    splasher said:

If you change the word from "Txfr' in the number field,  to "Txfr In" or "Txfr Ou"t, the pulldown list will show all account selections. To make it easier if the Qkn program sees that it is just a Txfr, it will only show transfer account. You must "trick it by using one of your own words for Transfer or add an in or out behind it. Those need to be added to the Numbers list manually first.