Does anyone else find the investment view default to be at transactions instead of holdings as it on

universeuniverse Member ✭✭
edited January 22 in

Comments

• Rich_MRich_M SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 22
    Yes, I have seen a number of posts complaining about this change.
    Quicken 2017 Premier - Windows 10
  • Bob_LBob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Sort of agree but we were at least successful in getting them to add a button for holdings; originally it was 2 clicks away hidden under the account actions button!  

You'll get used to it.
    Quicken Premier Subscription, Windows 10 Pro
  • universeuniverse Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I appreciate these responses. Unless one is an active trader, the default transaction view rather than holdings, particularly for mutual funds, is an annoyance that I am not likely to get used to. I regret this change from Q 10 very much and will probably return to my earlier version unless the powers that be alter this unwelcome feature or for some reason I am not able to get back to features I preferred.
  • q_lurkerq_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    ubiverse write:  "Does anyone else find the investment view default to be at transactions instead of holdings as it once was? "

Here is the more extensive discussion on this topic:  
    https://qlc.intuit.com/post/show_full/cn41_U2nyr35apacfAralO

To be somewhat of a nitpicker, I will point out that nether transactions view nor holdings view were the default in prior versions of Quicken.  The default position was that Quicken returned you to whatever view you had last used.  

You will see in that other discussion the suggestion to use portfolio views as an alternate to holding views.  

universe wrote:  "... will probably return to my earlier version unless the powers that be alter this unwelcome feature or for some reason I am not able to get back to features I preferred."

For perspective, you can see that others have complained about this difference since QW2011 was first released 6 months ago.  QW2011 is now at R8 and IMO likely nearing the end of its update cycle.  They may still make the change back to the way you want it, but doing so would surprise me.  (Intuit almost never hints at or indicates what changes are coming in future releases or program editions or when those releases will be made.)  I would be less surprised if QW2012 offered some other option to pacify you and other complaintants.  Again, I have no foreknowldege of Intuit's plans nor do I expect to ever get any.  

I suggest you plan accordingly.
  • HarleyFXDL80HarleyFXDL80 Member
    edited July 2016
    q.lurker said:

ubiverse write:  "Does anyone else find the investment view default to be at transactions instead of holdings as it once was? "

Here is the more extensive discussion on this topic:  
    https://qlc.intuit.com/post/show_full/cn41_U2nyr35apacfAralO

To be somewhat of a nitpicker, I will point out that nether transactions view nor holdings view were the default in prior versions of Quicken.  The default position was that Quicken returned you to whatever view you had last used.  

You will see in that other discussion the suggestion to use portfolio views as an alternate to holding views.  

universe wrote:  "... will probably return to my earlier version unless the powers that be alter this unwelcome feature or for some reason I am not able to get back to features I preferred."

For perspective, you can see that others have complained about this difference since QW2011 was first released 6 months ago.  QW2011 is now at R8 and IMO likely nearing the end of its update cycle.  They may still make the change back to the way you want it, but doing so would surprise me.  (Intuit almost never hints at or indicates what changes are coming in future releases or program editions or when those releases will be made.)  I would be less surprised if QW2012 offered some other option to pacify you and other complaintants.  Again, I have no foreknowldege of Intuit's plans nor do I expect to ever get any.  

I suggest you plan accordingly.

It sucks and I can't live with it.  I'm going back to the old version.