Why does my Downloaded quotes put tomorrows date on the downloads

GraybakGraybak Member
edited October 2018 in
when  I download quotes my mutual funds are downloading todays data with tomorrows date. todays date repeats yesterdays data. What can I do about this is this a fault with the service or with my software?

Comments

• RickDetroitRickDetroit Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Same problem here.  A few of us on this board have experienced this.  Not sure whether it's the software itself or the pricing data provider.  But,  I'm reasonably sure that it is NOT file corruption, since I've experienced this on multiple files.  In my case, it happens every day, but not to all of my funds.  One day, a particular fund will be affected and the next day it's not.  Similarly between my different Quicken accounts.  

The only solution that I have found (as a hopefully very temporary work around, since it's too time consuming if you have a lot of funds), is to delete that data for the current day.  Since you may not have this happen for every fund, you  can run a Portfolio Value report with today's date to determine which funds have the redundant data (looking for the one that DON'T have an asterisk in the price estimate column.  Some have suggested running historical updates too, but that hasn't always worked for me.  If anybody has a better workaround, I'd love to hear it.

No fix in today's Release 8, by the way.
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

Same problem here.  A few of us on this board have experienced this.  Not sure whether it's the software itself or the pricing data provider.  But,  I'm reasonably sure that it is NOT file corruption, since I've experienced this on multiple files.  In my case, it happens every day, but not to all of my funds.  One day, a particular fund will be affected and the next day it's not.  Similarly between my different Quicken accounts.  

The only solution that I have found (as a hopefully very temporary work around, since it's too time consuming if you have a lot of funds), is to delete that data for the current day.  Since you may not have this happen for every fund, you  can run a Portfolio Value report with today's date to determine which funds have the redundant data (looking for the one that DON'T have an asterisk in the price estimate column.  Some have suggested running historical updates too, but that hasn't always worked for me.  If anybody has a better workaround, I'd love to hear it.

No fix in today's Release 8, by the way.

The claim by Intuit is that it is a service provider problem, and they are working to try to fix it.
    And your workaround is the best that can be done at this point.