Home

How do I export a report from Quicken into an Excel Spreadsheet. Only the formatting code appears

TutuTutu Member
edited January 2019 in

Comments

• GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    From the report, select Export Data (upper left), then Report to Excel compatible format.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1909
  • q_lurkerq_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    My preference:
    From the report, select Export Data (upper left), then choose Copy to Clipboard.  I then toggle to Excel and choose Paste to copy in the report data to a selected portion of the Excel sheet.  

I prefer this because I can copy new report data into the same location I had prior report data effectively updating my Excel spreadsheet with new information.  The Copy / Paste process does not change the formatting of the Excel cells into which I copy the latest information.  The formatting I had previously set up is maintained.  

HTH
  • redmillerredmiller Member
    edited July 2016
    q.lurker said:

My preference:
    From the report, select Export Data (upper left), then choose Copy to Clipboard.  I then toggle to Excel and choose Paste to copy in the report data to a selected portion of the Excel sheet.  

I prefer this because I can copy new report data into the same location I had prior report data effectively updating my Excel spreadsheet with new information.  The Copy / Paste process does not change the formatting of the Excel cells into which I copy the latest information.  The formatting I had previously set up is maintained.  

HTH

I'm using Quicken Essentials and do not see the Export Data option. Is this a PC option or in a different version of QE?
  • Howard RoarkHoward Roark Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    q.lurker said:

My preference:

HTH

"I'm using Quicken Essentials ...".

But you're posting in a Quicken for Windows topic and discussion.

There are quite a few QE topics; try one of them.