Home

My Sears cards will not update. All of my other accounts update just fine.

Man in a KiltMan in a Kilt Member
edited January 2019 in
My Sears Cards will not update.  I have both the regular Seard Store Credit Card and a Sears (Citibank) Gold Card.  All of my other accounts update just fine, including my other credit cards.  I called about this months ago, and the Quicken Tech said that they were aware of the problem, but as of this morning, they still will not update.

Comments

• GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Have you tried running Update Now from the register?  If that doesn't work, try removing One Step Update and reactivating OSU.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1909
  • Man in a KiltMan in a Kilt Member
    edited July 2016
    GeoffG said:

Have you tried running Update Now from the register?  If that doesn't work, try removing One Step Update and reactivating OSU.

Yes I have tried using "Update Now".  What do you mean by "removing One Step Update"? and "Reactivating" it?

The error message I get when I try to run any update is this:

"Quicken was not able to complete your request.
    [OL-226-A]"

According to the "More Info" button that error code means:

"Quicken was not able to complete your request.
    Quicken did not receive a valid response from the server.
    The next time you go online for this financial institution, Quicken will attempt to re-send your original request. "
  • GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    GeoffG said:

Try here http://knowledgebase.quicken.com/support/articles/online-services/download/2601.html
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1909
    edited July 2016
    GeoffG said:

This has been going on for a couple of months at least.  I have nevr once been able to connect.  On my side at least, it is not a connection prblem as I have high speed fiber-optic service, and have no problems with any other website or Quicken connections.  As for setting up a new Quicken account and file, I have done both of those already.
  • DaleDale Member
    edited November 2017
    Hi Man in a Kilt,

I think I have found something that will help you.  I received an error too when trying to download.  So, I went used the steps below and am able to download now.

1.  Click Tools menu.
    2.  Choose Online Center.
    3.  Press and hold down ctrl-shift keys while clicking Contact Info.  
    4.  Choose the account name for your Sears Credit Card.  
    5.  Put a checkmark in "Financial Institution Branding and Profile"
    6.  Click Refresh button.
    7.  Click the One Step Update button.  

This should get you going.

QuickenDale
    edited July 2016
    Dale said:

Hi Man in a Kilt,

I think I have found something that will help you.  I received an error too when trying to download.  So, I went used the steps below and am able to download now.

1.  Click Tools menu.

QuickenDale

Thanks for the effort Quicken Dale, but no joy.
    I followed your instructions and it still does not work.
  • DaleDale Member
    edited December 2016
    Dale said:

Hi Man in a Kilt,

1.  Click Tools menu.

QuickenDale

Are you still getting the OL-226 error?  

Thanks,
    QuickenDale
    edited July 2016
    Dale said:

Hi Man in a Kilt,

1.  Click Tools menu.

QuickenDale

Now thaat you mention it...  It still does not work, but now I the error code is:    OL-293-A
  • DaleDale Member
    edited November 2017
    Hi Man in Kilt,

This error code indicates the server is not returning a valid response.  I suggest contacting Sears Credit Card support.  There is something going on with your profile on their server. Wish I could give more help on this one.

QuickenDale
  • jac47jac47 Member
    edited July 2016
    Dale said:

Hi Man in Kilt,

This error code indicates the server is not returning a valid response.  I suggest contacting Sears Credit Card support.  There is something going on with your profile on their server. Wish I could give more help on this one.

QuickenDale

Thanks QuickenDale - the Financial Branding and Profile tip worked to solve the OL-220-A error I have been having for a few months now with not being able to download my Sears account information.
    edited July 2016
    Dale said:

Hi Man in Kilt,

QuickenDale

Actually a few weeks ago it just fixed itself.  I think that there was some sort of communications problem between Quicken and Sears/CitiCorp.  I had tried everything with no luck, then one morning it just worked and has done so ever since.
  • RandyRandy Member
    edited July 2016
    Dale said:

Hi Man in Kilt,

QuickenDale

Magic.  That is what quicken support told me that needed to happen.