Home

How can I remove online access to an account if it says I have outstanding transactions which don't

RobbomacRobbomac Member
edited January 2019 in
My stock broker changed my account number, and I need to change the Web Connect/OFX feature for the account. Every time I do so, I get the message, "You have outstanding money transfers or transactions that still appear in the Download Transactions window. You must either accept or delete them before you can disable this account."

When I go to the Download Transactions window, there are no visible transactions. Is there anything I can do to easily reset the account's online access? I don't have any of the old QFX files from the old account number (the last download was in March 2010), and the broker has converted all historical data to the new account number, so any new QFX files I import aren't accepted by the current account - I am asked to associate them with either another existing account or a new account.

Comments

• neil154neil154 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    If you have a red flag showing transactions you can try http://knowledgebase.quicken.com/support/articles/using-quicken/managing-accounts/2959.html and if this does not help then try validating your data file (file>file operations>validate)
  • ceislerceisler Member
    edited August 2016
    neil154 said:

If you have a red flag showing transactions you can try http://knowledgebase.quicken.com/support/articles/using-quicken/managing-accounts/2959.html and if this does not help then try validating your data file (file>file operations>validate)

Neil this again is a Mac Quicken question. The OP posted in a Mac forum.

Why don't I ever get confused and respond to Windows questions which I know nothing about.

Robbomac.

You have to disable your account

Download and Import a .qfx file into it and it should be re-enabled.

Carl
  • GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    neil154 said:

"Why don't I ever get confused and respond to Windows questions which I know nothing about."

Perhaps, Carl because you drill down to the Mac forum.  Most questions posted in LC are Windows based, and the easiest way for a SuperUser to respond to Windows questions is to default to "All Questions and Answers".  As you can see the tag line on this posting does not state Mac and is easily overlooked.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1909
  • ceislerceisler Member
    edited August 2016
    neil154 said:

Geoff,

Yes that's exactly what I do and that's why I've asked several times that the menu pane and the question pane be separated and each have a vertical scroll bar. I've also suggested that there should be Quicken version boxes that have to be checked before the Submit button becomes active. But of course that all falls on deaf ears.

The Super Users provide most of Quicken's customer support but get no respect.

Carl
  • RobbomacRobbomac Member
    edited August 2016
    Carl,

That's my sticking point - I can't disable the account until I can clear the phantom downloaded transactions, and the QFX files I download from the broker all have the new account number - they do not associate with my Quicken account any more.

Neil - thanks for that WIndows tip - I found that support page, but it unfortunately doesn't apply to Quicken for Mac 2007. I'm seriously thinking about changing platforms and starting to use Quicken for Windows via Parallels/VMWare Fusion!

Are there any concrete plans for a new version of Quicken for Mac?
  • edited July 2016
    Robbomac said:

Carl,

That's my sticking point - I can't disable the account until I can clear the phantom downloaded transactions, and the QFX files I download from the broker all have the new account number - they do not associate with my Quicken account any more.

Neil - thanks for that WIndows tip - I found that support page, but it unfortunately doesn't apply to Quicken for Mac 2007. I'm seriously thinking about changing platforms and starting to use Quicken for Windows via Parallels/VMWare Fusion!

Are there any concrete plans for a new version of Quicken for Mac?

I have the same problem as Robbomac. I try to Edit the account, and change "Download Transactions" from "via Website" to "not available". I get the error Robbo gets (the message, "You have outstanding money transfers or transactions that still appear in the Download Transactions window. You must either accept or delete them before you can disable this account."). However, there are no transactions in the Download Transactions window for this account.