Customize View.

Rich_MRich_M SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 22 in
In Quicken 2011 Premier, I found I could choose the same item more than once from available items, when customizing a view on the Home tab.

Usually this type of dialogue box won't allow you to make the same choice twice.

Any thoughts as to whether there's a good reason for this to be by design or is this just a minor bug?
Quicken 2017 Premier - Windows 10

Comments

• Howard RoarkHoward Roark Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 22
    I don't think it's a bug at all; I think it's a feature. One which I use quite a bit, and have for several Quicken versions.

[Example: I might want to see my Income vs Expenses for the YTD and the Last 12 Months.]

I took a quick look, and this feature is available in Q2004 (and I use Q2008 regularly, where it is also available).
  • Rich_MRich_M SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

I don't think it's a bug at all; I think it's a feature. One which I use quite a bit, and have for several Quicken versions.

[Example: I might want to see my Income vs Expenses for the YTD and the Last 12 Months.]

I took a quick look, and this feature is available in Q2004 (and I use Q2008 regularly, where it is also available).

I only think it makes sense to have the same item appear more than once in the same view if it can be customized differently from the others.  

For example, it doesn't make sense to me to have Alerts appear more than once in a view because it can't be customized, I wouldn't want to see the same information twice.

How do you make use of this feature when the same item appears more than once?
  • Howard RoarkHoward Roark Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016

The snapshots that I use more than once, in a given View, on my Home tab can all be customized ... and mine are all customized differently.
  • Rich_MRich_M SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

Then that makes sense.