Home

Can't print address's on envelopes.

PenanpaperPenanpaper Member
edited January 2019 in
Can anyone help me? I've tried all the Quicken resources that I know of and they still can't help me. I started having this problem when I installed 2008 they updated me to 2009 and I still can't print an address on an envelope. Anybody have any idea as to why? PS: I haven't even found an answer among the community yet either.(I've looked) Thanks in advance for anyone's help.

Comments

• GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Q2009 Deluxe, the version stated you are using does not print envelopes, only checks or reports.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1909
  • PenanpaperPenanpaper Member
    edited January 2019
    GeoffG, Good question. To be honest I'm not sure. Reason being is that when they updated me from 2008 to the 2009 Deluxe it was done on line, so I dont even have a CD for it. Yet all the options to do so are there. So, if I understand you correctly then, you're saying that even though the oprions are there, the '09 Deluxe version doesn't print address on envelope, right? If so then why would they update me to a version that doesn't do what my original '08 version was supposed to do?
    edited December 2016

GeoffG, Good question. To be honest I'm not sure. Reason being is that when they updated me from 2008 to the 2009 Deluxe it was done on line, so I dont even have a CD for it. Yet all the options to do so are there. So, if I understand you correctly then, you're saying that even though the oprions are there, the '09 Deluxe version doesn't print address on envelope, right? If so then why would they update me to a version that doesn't do what my original '08 version was supposed to do?

I can't speak to Quicken Home & Business, but the Deluxe versions could never print envelopes.  Why do you think it could?  When you say the options are there, what are you referring to?
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1909
    edited January 2019
    First off , Thanks for the reply. The reason I thought I could is because... from TOOLS > ADRS BK > select the address I want to print > Click PRINT > ENVELOPES > in the "Print Envelope" window check; "Selected Records" and then click > PRINT. (this is where the window disappears and nothing happens. ( This is why I expected it to print ) Nothing grayed out or un-selectable and no errors! PS: According to what you're saying, I had no idea that the Deluxe versions would not print address's on envelopes. With that said what type of Quicken do I need to do this? Better yet, why hasn't anyone from Quicken mentioned this me, during live chat?
    edited December 2016

First off , Thanks for the reply. The reason I thought I could is because... from TOOLS > ADRS BK > select the address I want to print > Click PRINT > ENVELOPES > in the "Print Envelope" window check; "Selected Records" and then click > PRINT. (this is where the window disappears and nothing happens. ( This is why I expected it to print ) Nothing grayed out or un-selectable and no errors! PS: According to what you're saying, I had no idea that the Deluxe versions would not print address's on envelopes. With that said what type of Quicken do I need to do this? Better yet, why hasn't anyone from Quicken mentioned this me, during live chat?

Penanpaper, wow my apologies.  I new Quicken had an address book, but didn't realize it printed envelops and such.  I've always looked at File > Print ... and nothing covers envelope printing, but I see it's here.

So now that you straightened me out, let's see if I can help you.  Are you having any issues with printing checks or reports?  Admittedly I don't use address book, so I entered a payee and selected Print > Envelopes and another windows pops up asking about selection.  What are you getting?
    edited January 2019
    GeoffG, no apologizes necessary. To answer your questions; no I don't have any problems printing checks or reports, in fact I can even print the entire address "list". To answer your... "What am I getting", carefully  reread my last comment. The steps to printing out an (address on an envelope) is outlined in my last comment. Also note the results as well. If you have 08 or 09 Deluxe try it and tell me if you get the same results. The point or reason that I'm trying to do this is simple. It's a matter of convenience. If the program is supposed to do it, why doesn't it? (I get no errors, noting is grayed out, all the options are available). I should not have to leave the program and use another one just to print a simple address on an envelope. Like I said, when I get to the very end of the procedure and I click "Print" the window goes away and noting prints. I appreciate your interest in helping. If it helps I'm using Win XP and my printer is an HP Photosmart D5160.
    edited December 2016

GeoffG, no apologizes necessary. To answer your questions; no I don't have any problems printing checks or reports, in fact I can even print the entire address "list". To answer your... "What am I getting", carefully  reread my last comment. The steps to printing out an (address on an envelope) is outlined in my last comment. Also note the results as well. If you have 08 or 09 Deluxe try it and tell me if you get the same results. The point or reason that I'm trying to do this is simple. It's a matter of convenience. If the program is supposed to do it, why doesn't it? (I get no errors, noting is grayed out, all the options are available). I should not have to leave the program and use another one just to print a simple address on an envelope. Like I said, when I get to the very end of the procedure and I click "Print" the window goes away and noting prints. I appreciate your interest in helping. If it helps I'm using Win XP and my printer is an HP Photosmart D5160.

I'm using Q2010, but this should work in the version(s) you have.  I followed your steps exactly expect you need to have at least one record highlighted before selecting Print for "Selected Records" to be active.  I then select Print and it sends to the printer.

I did add myself to the address book and selected return address.  Did you add yourself and select return address?
    edited July 2016

Yes, to everything you said, I did. I appreciate all your help, but it looks like I'm going to need someone with the same set up probably. I f you happen across any other advice, I'd appreciate it, Thanks.
    edited January 2019
    edited July 2016
    GeoffG said:
    Well as it turns out nothing has helped. And for two years I've tried everything. GeofG, I appreciate all your help, Thanks!
       Apparently I'm going to have to buy the new 2010 version and if it doesn't work, it's going back and I WILL NEVER use Quicken again. After this two year ordeal over something as simple as this, it's a dirty rotten shame. Especially after all the years I've been with Quicken and they can't even solve a SIMPLE problem as this (printing an address on an envelope) I'm sorry to say that it's a dog gone rotten shame. Sorry, let's hope this new version works.
    edited August 2016
    Atten: GeoffG and anyone with printing issues like mine. I found a almost perfect fix for my printing issue. Go to:
    http://knowledgebase.quicken.com/support/articles/using-quicken/printing/4167.html
     It's titled "Unable to print from Quicken" Updated: 9-25-2009 | Article ID: 4167
  • Quicken Generic UserQuicken Generic User Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016

Atten: GeoffG and anyone with printing issues like mine. I found a almost perfect fix for my printing issue. Go to:
    http://knowledgebase.quicken.com/support/articles/using-quicken/printing/4167.html
     It's titled "Unable to print from Quicken" Updated: 9-25-2009 | Article ID: 4167

To All:  I have experienced the same problem that Pananpaper had and even reported it to Quicken.  They responded once but then started ignoring me.  I have 2011 Home & Business and even using the link provided I can not make envelopes print.  I had been printing prior to version 2011 so now I am really upset!