Bug Report - Cloud Sync is Producing Duplicate Split Entries and Changing Categories

The MergThe Merg Member ✭✭✭
edited October 2018 in
I am using Q2013 H&B R11. It seems that after performing a Cloud Sync in Quicken, sometimes some of my split transactions are modified. Basically, the splits are duplicated and then there is an uncategorized split item for a negative amount to balance to total transaction. I am now seeing that my categories in these split transactions are being modified as well.

When I created this entry in Quicken, I used the categories of "Gifts: Birthday" and "Clothing: New Clothes".

What gets stranger is when I tried to fix the issue. If I selected the category field, I was prompted to add the subcategory of Bond, which already exists. I could not select any other row without being prompted to add the subcategory. If I tried to select another category from the picklist, it would just revert back to "Gifts: Bond".

If I tried to add it though, I was told that it already existed. In response, I changed the name of the subcategory to "Bond2" and that seemed to work. It also updated "Clothes: Rental" to "Clothes: New Clothes" and fixed the second instance of "Gifts: Bond" back to "Gifts: Birthday".

Quicken needs to resolve this issue. This data corruption that is occurring when performing Cloud Sync needs to be resolved!

- Mergimageimage

Comments

• aa_joggeraa_jogger Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I'm also seeing some duplicated splits that create "Uncategorized" spending and also noticing that it seems to occur more often with "--Paycheck--" entries. Also running "Validate and repair" does not fix the problem.
  • dhasenauerdhasenauer Member
    edited July 2016
    I am with Merg, this is really annoying.  I find that once I delete duplicated split entries, subsequent sync'ings don't change the ones I fixed, only the news ones, so that is not so bad.   What actually is more annoying to me it that all of my Interest entries, with the Category of "Interest Income", have the categories blanked out.  And even if I fix it, it happens again with the next Sync, and further, it goes back until 1/1/2012.    I really like being able to enter transactions into Quicken while traveling but I am getting very tired of working around the buggy behavior.   I am also a nervous that the bug is causing other data corruption that I haven't figured out yet.   I'd like to hear from Intuit support what they are doing to try to identify and resolve this very serious problem.  If these kinds of problems occurred while using the Quicken application alone, I would abandon it in favor of a more stable product since trust of data integrity is paramount.  As it is, I have only linked a few accounts to the clouds, thankfully.
  • gene8085gene8085 Member
    edited July 2016
    Hey Quicken - this problem has been open quite a while.  As dhasenauer notes, it is becoming a data integrity issue.  If you don't care enough about this problem to correct it, then I need to look elsewhere for a financial management system I can trust.  For me, the clock is ticking.
  • Quicken TamaraQuicken Tamara Member, Employee ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    "I'd like to hear from Intuit support what they are doing to try to identify and resolve this very serious problem."

Actually, you'd really prefer to hear from Quicken Product Development. The engineering team would be the resolvers of any product defects, while Support merely assists with any manual solutions.

To see what Product Development is working on, what solutions are in their work-flow, and to post Problems, go to http://getsatisfaction.com/quicken - the Product Feedback site.

The Quicken Community, where this post appears, is a User-to-User forum. Other Quicken Users are not going to have any insight into Product Development.

Any employees you find posting here are doing so on their own time, not as part of their job duties. We come here as Quicken Users, but must be transparent about the fact that we work for Intuit (hence the Employee badge).
  • The MergThe Merg Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016

"I'd like to hear from Intuit support what they are doing to try to identify and resolve this very serious problem."

Actually, you'd really prefer to hear from Quicken Product Development. The engineering team would be the resolvers of any product defects, while Support merely assists with any manual solutions.

To see what Product Development is working on, what solutions are in their work-flow, and to post Problems, go to http://getsatisfaction.com/quicken - the Product Feedback site.

The Quicken Community, where this post appears, is a User-to-User forum. Other Quicken Users are not going to have any insight into Product Development.

Any employees you find posting here are doing so on their own time, not as part of their job duties. We come here as Quicken Users, but must be transparent about the fact that we work for Intuit (hence the Employee badge).

And it has been posted over at GetSatisfaction and there has been no input from Product Development there. The first post is over 4 months old. My hope with posting here was try to get a little more notice of this issue. As you know, I am a prolific poster over at GetSatisfaction, but sometimes it seems like our reports fall on deaf ears.

https://getsatisfaction.com/quicken/topics/cloud_sync_is_causing_duplicate_split_items_in_my_transactions

- Merg