Why does Quicken open in full size window instead of last session?

TonyTony Member
edited January 22 in
Just updated to 2014 version. Normally, I don't use the full size window (the square block in top right corner), buts use the customized window size (the two square blocks in the upper right corner). Under my old version, the windows were the same size as when I last closed Quicken, but now they always go back to full size when I reopen Quicken.

Comments

• Rich_MRich_M SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 22
    That should have been corrected in Release R2, click Help >> About Quicken to see which release you have. If you have Release R1 then you don't have the fix for this.

Perform a One Step Update to get the latest program update.
    Quicken 2017 Premier - Windows 10
  • TonyTony Member
    edited December 2016
    Rich M said:

That should have been corrected in Release R2, click Help >> About Quicken to see which release you have. If you have Release R1 then you don't have the fix for this.

Perform a One Step Update to get the latest program update.

I just installed this new version, and it went through an "update" session during installation, but I guess it didn't take. I still had R1. Tried the "One Step" but it still did not update. Finally went to Quicken site and manually downloaded it.  Thanks for your help!
  • Stuart BrownStuart Brown Member
    edited January 22
    I just upgraded to 2014 and I have R2. The window size is remembered but not the window position.
    I am using Quicken Premier.
  • Rich_MRich_M SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

I just upgraded to 2014 and I have R2. The window size is remembered but not the window position.
    I am using Quicken Premier.

That, unfortunately, is still a known issue with Quicken 2014 Release R2, the behavior everyone is seeing is that the window always opens centered.  Expect a fix for this in an upcoming release, I cannot tell you which one.
    Quicken 2017 Premier - Windows 10