4 second delay on every transaction: Premier 2014 R3 23.1.3.15. No Cloud ID

CyphrusCyphrus Member
edited April 2018 in
I just bought 2014 and installed. I've updated. Every transaction has a 4 second delay. This just started with when I installed 2014. I had 2012 before. I am running windows 7 64 bit with no Cloud ID.

Actually, I noticed there's a delay when I do just about anything including change tabs. I also do not have pointer trails on for my mouse and I have the latest video drivers.

I searched the form for delay and looked through the responses without finding any solution. Any ideas? Thanks

Comments

• CyphrusCyphrus Member
    edited July 2016
    Actually, I noticed there's a delay when I do just about anything including change tabs. I also do not have pointer trails on for my mouse and I have the latest video drivers.
  • mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    You might want to try the mouse pointer trails, at least temporarily. It seems to have fixed the issue for some users.
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • edited July 2016
    Or update video drivers.  That, too, has had some effect in certain situations.
  • CyphrusCyphrus Member
    edited July 2016
    I have the latest video drivers already. Thanks
  • CyphrusCyphrus Member
    edited July 2016
    I do not have mouse pointer trails on. I checked.
    edited March 2017
    The fix is to turn ON mouse pointer trails.
  • bachastainbachastain Member
    edited April 2018
    It's amazing, but turning on pointer trails to the shortest did indeed dramatically speed up register entries.
    edited March 2017
    It is indeed counter intuitive. I would expect it to slow things down.
  • edited August 2016
    As a Q2014 and Windows 8.1 user, I am able to confirm the mouse trail fix *helps*, but it doesn't solve the problem 100%.

Resizing/moving the window, for example, remains every bit as slow. So, whatever is wrong with Quicken 2014 on Windows 8.1 is still broken.

Unfortunately, Release Update 3 did NOT fix this issue... here's hoping R4 does....
  • Howard RoarkHoward Roark Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016

As a Q2014 and Windows 8.1 user, I am able to confirm the mouse trail fix *helps*, but it doesn't solve the problem 100%.

Resizing/moving the window, for example, remains every bit as slow. So, whatever is wrong with Quicken 2014 on Windows 8.1 is still broken.

Unfortunately, Release Update 3 did NOT fix this issue... here's hoping R4 does....

Just to keep the discussion from drifting too far off track: the original poster is using Windows 7. Any problem that doesn't impact Windows 7 users, is not the subject of this discussion. Whatever is happening only to Windows 8 users, is off-topic for this discussion.

The op hasn't reported back on the effect of the "mouse trail fix".

[I have Q2014 RPM R3 running on 64 bit Windows 7 (same as the op). I do not have mouse trails turned on. I have never seen any delays with Q2014 - not in R1, R2, or R3.]