Quicken 2014 R3, lets hope for the best, and what do you notice different?

13»

Comments

• andyniuandyniu Member
    edited July 2016
    QPW said:

I notice with R4 that the One Step Update stopped "hogging" the screen, as in it has stopped grabbing screen focus from other programs that might be running in the foreground.

So I can finally go off and do other work on my other screens while it is updating. :-)

got it, thanks! hope no more crash! I hate monopoly!
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    QPW said:

I notice with R4 that the One Step Update stopped "hogging" the screen, as in it has stopped grabbing screen focus from other programs that might be running in the foreground.

So I can finally go off and do other work on my other screens while it is updating. :-)

Next year (or any year you install) try waiting longer before installing the new version.
  • andyniuandyniu Member
    edited July 2016
    QPW said:

good advice! Thanks!
  • andyniuandyniu Member
    edited July 2016
    QPW said:

R4 seems solved crash, but bill reminder icons turned off.
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    QPW said:

Bill reminder icons?  (Where?)
  • miklkmiklk SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    QPW said:

If you are talking about the show reminders in register, The default is off so maybe it reset them to off on update. Simply re-enable them at the top right of register (next to gear icon) for each register you want them in.
  • andyniuandyniu Member
    edited July 2016
    QPW said:

clock icon left of the account list. All are set to not shown after R4.
  • Howard RoarkHoward Roark Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    QPW said:

The reminder icons in the Account Bar are still displayed in my Q2014 RPM R4.
  • andyniuandyniu Member
    edited July 2016
    QPW said:

no, miklk,  i mean a clock icon so you know there is payment due for that acct. I do not them shown in register.
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    QPW said:

I got it, you mean the one by the account name in the account bar.
    I have no idea why that one wouldn't show.  I would report it to Quicken Support:
    https://quicken.custhelp.com/app/contact/plvl1/win
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    QPW said:

One thought.  Is there a red flag by the account name instead of the clock?  If so that would be normal, it means you have downloaded transactions to accept, and that icon takes precedence over the clock icon.
  • andyniuandyniu Member
    edited July 2016
    QPW said:

no red flag. When I go to that register, reminder say 1 due.
  • andyniuandyniu Member
    edited July 2016
    QPW said:

Is there anyway to enable it?
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    QPW said:

There is no way to enable it, it should just be there.

Just to be clear.  When you go to the register and see the reminder due, is that in the Bill and Reminders tab at the bottom of the register?
  • andyniuandyniu Member
    edited July 2016
    QPW said:

yes!
  • andyniuandyniu Member
    edited July 2016
    QPW said:

the tab call: Bill and Income Reminders ( 1 Due)
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    QPW said:

Definitely strange.  I suggest reporting it to Quicken Support and see what they say.
  • andyniuandyniu Member
    edited July 2016
    QPW said:

i also noticed the one step update window will close after the update no matter how many errors during the update. It will fool me that all accts are up to date.
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    QPW said:

Yes I have seen and reported that bug.
  • andyniuandyniu Member
    edited July 2016
    QPW said:

thank you! You are the best!
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    QPW said:

Well, in beta I reported about 80 bugs, a lot of which are not fixed yet.  I wouldn't take this as any kind of indication you will see the problem fixed in the near future.  I'm just letting you know they are aware of it.
  • bachastainbachastain Member
    edited July 2016
    QPW said:

Yikes.  Was the point of the beta program to fix bugs or to merely confirm that no developer had accidentally fixed them?
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    QPW said:

To be fair I probably should have stated it differently.  As in they fixed a lot of them, but not all of them.  :-)