How do we find downloaded transactions. QW2014 says downloaded - where are they?

regency29regency29 Member
edited March 2018 in

Have written this before and have been on the phone with tech. (3 Times). They say they have fixed the issue but it is still not fixed. If I change to auto download transactions, some times it does and sometimes it double enters. I want to check before entering. The program still offers this but does not work. Yet, it says they have downloaded. Where are they? Not on the page as before. I only change programs every 2 yrs because of these issues. This year is the pits. No one seems to know the answers. Tech has deleted the program 2 times and downloaded again. Still the same. We need answers. I have tried to reset the bank or credit card. "You can't because you have downloaded transactions that you have not entered." I have tried to reconcile. You can't, you much enter downloaded transactions.

Comments

• edited July 2016
    I have the same problem in one checking account only!   I download several checking accounts without a problem.  I am still using Quicken 2011 - Home and Business and I am using Windows 7.. I want to upgrade to 2014, but I am reluctant since that problem still seems to continue! The transactions all download, however, when I "accept all transactions" they disappear and do not add into my register.
  • RickDetroitRickDetroit Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017

I am having a similar problem and posted to another thread this morning. In my case, it is only happening with one provider (not sure that matters, but it is Charles Schwab). I found that it happens whenever a mutual fund posts a distribution. And it even happens in multiple Quicken files, so file corruption is not relevant. In my case it is occurring, exactly as you described, every day where there are transactions to be downloaded and I use One-Step update.

I really believe, especially after reading other comments, that this is a known bug. I was working around it by going back into each affected account and running the individual account update - then those missing transactions always appear. Another forum participant, bmiance, mentioned today that simply exiting Quicken and re-starting will work. That would obviously be easier until they fix this. I'm going to try it next time this happens, but based on memory of a few past instances, I'm nearly positive it will work.

Again in my own case, and presumably yours, you know this is happening by the flag indicator in your register and then the complete absence of transactions. I started out attributing this to something between Schwab and Quicken, but your comment and a few others here would tell me otherwise. Thanks, hope this helps while we wait for a fix.
  • edited July 2016

I am having a similar problem and posted to another thread this morning. In my case, it is only happening with one provider (not sure that matters, but it is Charles Schwab). I found that it happens whenever a mutual fund posts a distribution. And it even happens in multiple Quicken files, so file corruption is not relevant. In my case it is occurring, exactly as you described, every day where there are transactions to be downloaded and I use One-Step update.

I really believe, especially after reading other comments, that this is a known bug. I was working around it by going back into each affected account and running the individual account update - then those missing transactions always appear. Another forum participant, bmiance, mentioned today that simply exiting Quicken and re-starting will work. That would obviously be easier until they fix this. I'm going to try it next time this happens, but based on memory of a few past instances, I'm nearly positive it will work.

Again in my own case, and presumably yours, you know this is happening by the flag indicator in your register and then the complete absence of transactions. I started out attributing this to something between Schwab and Quicken, but your comment and a few others here would tell me otherwise. Thanks, hope this helps while we wait for a fix.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will try it!
  • bonjplasbonjplas Member
    edited November 2016

It has to be a bug in Q14. I use Wells Fargo and the downloads fail in my checking, savings and credit card. I have changed my password on the advice of the Community, I have deactivated and reactivated, I have Add an Account and it goes to WF and finds all of my accounts; I "link" them; it seems to communicate, but when I go into the registered they have not changed. I have gone out of Quicken and come back in. I have done everything that Chat Support (a total of 5 hours) has suggested and I am now on my round 6 of communication by email with Support zipping the log files and sending them. Nothing has worked so far. I upgraded to Q14 only because I want the download transaction feature and the reconciliation. I am sure Intuit will eventually solve this problem, but the growing pains are indeed, painful. It seems to be hit and miss and one of the suggestions above may work for you. It is work a try.
  • pattroliopattrolio Member
    edited November 2016
    bonjplas said:

It has to be a bug in Q14. I use Wells Fargo and the downloads fail in my checking, savings and credit card. I have changed my password on the advice of the Community, I have deactivated and reactivated, I have Add an Account and it goes to WF and finds all of my accounts; I "link" them; it seems to communicate, but when I go into the registered they have not changed. I have gone out of Quicken and come back in. I have done everything that Chat Support (a total of 5 hours) has suggested and I am now on my round 6 of communication by email with Support zipping the log files and sending them. Nothing has worked so far. I upgraded to Q14 only because I want the download transaction feature and the reconciliation. I am sure Intuit will eventually solve this problem, but the growing pains are indeed, painful. It seems to be hit and miss and one of the suggestions above may work for you. It is work a try.

I actually was able to get on the phone to deactive and reactivate accounts, so far it is working.
  • bonjplasbonjplas Member
    edited July 2016
    bonjplas said:

When you say "get on the phone" what do you mean?  Did you call your financial institution?
  • pattroliopattrolio Member
    edited November 2016
    bonjplas said:

I spoke to quicken on the phone it took a while and I thought we had the issue resolved, but it is not. When I re opened Quicken the "repair" that he lead me through was gone, back to square one. I now have to manually enter all of my transactions. . I will try to call the 800 # again next week when I have time