Is there a way to have Cash Flow report show Auto Loan principal as an expense category

leishirsuteleishirsute Member
edited January 22 in

I setup an Auto Loan in Quicken. The loan is paid from my checking account in Quicken. The cash flow report does not show any loan principal payment unless I include External or All Transfers. However, this includes transfers for all accounts and makes the cash flow report kind of confusing and nearly worthless to use. Is there a way to have loan prinicipal payment posted against the loan account and yet be treated as an expense category so that it shows up on the Cash Flow report without having to include transfers in the report?

Alternatively, is there a way to specify individual accounts for which allow transfers to be shown in the reports?

Quicken Windows 2017 Deluxe R19.1 on Windows 7 & 10 Pro

Comments

• J_MikeJ_Mike SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 22

OP wrote "Alternatively, is there a way to specify individual accounts for which allow transfers to be shown in the reports?"

This is the direction to a solution to your issue.

Yes, 'Include all transfers'

Then, in the Customize > Categories - deselect the transfers you do not want to see.

FWIW, I use a such a customized cash flow report. In my case, my primary cash flow account is my primary checking account. My interest is in the cash flow in and out of this account - thus in the Customize > Accounts, I select only the checking account.
    QWin & QMac (Deluxe) Subscription
    Quicken user since 1991

• leishirsuteleishirsute Member
    edited December 2016
    JM said:

OP wrote "Alternatively, is there a way to specify individual accounts for which allow transfers to be shown in the reports?"

This is the direction to a solution to your issue.

Yes, 'Include all transfers'

Then, in the Customize > Categories - deselect the transfers you do not want to see.

FWIW, I use a such a customized cash flow report. In my case, my primary cash flow account is my primary checking account. My interest is in the cash flow in and out of this account - thus in the Customize > Accounts, I select only the checking account.

That worked. Thanks.  The categories with Type in color Blue appear to be transfer categories.
    Quicken Windows 2017 Deluxe R19.1 on Windows 7 & 10 Pro