How do you add a second bank to password vault when :ADD PASSWORD" is un-highglighted?

mistajoe3840mistajoe3840 Member
edited January 22 in

Comments

• Quicken KathrynQuicken Kathryn Administrator ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 22
    Hi mistajoe3840,

Are you trying to edit a password in your vault, or add a new account to One Step Update?

If you're trying to edit an existing password, you'll need to highlight the username and password in the password vault and select Edit Password.

If you're trying to add a new account to One Step Update, you'll first have to create the account and enter your credentials (just click the Add Account button under your account list). After you follow the steps to select your bank and enter your credentials, you'll see a prompt to save the password (please see attached screenshot). This checkbox will add the credentials to your password vault.

Hope this helps,

Quicken Kathryn

Quicken Kathryn
    Community Administrator
  • leishirsuteleishirsute Member
    edited December 2016

Hi mistajoe3840,

Are you trying to edit a password in your vault, or add a new account to One Step Update?

If you're trying to edit an existing password, you'll need to highlight the username and password in the password vault and select Edit Password.

If you're trying to add a new account to One Step Update, you'll first have to create the account and enter your credentials (just click the Add Account button under your account list). After you follow the steps to select your bank and enter your credentials, you'll see a prompt to save the password (please see attached screenshot). This checkbox will add the credentials to your password vault.

Hope this helps,

Quicken Kathryn

Does the Add Password in Password Vault ever work?  I never see it highlight as an available option.  I have an existing account which does not show up in the Password Vault for which I want to add a password in the vault.
    Quicken Windows 2017 Deluxe R19.1 on Windows 7 & 10 Pro
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

Hi mistajoe3840,

Hope this helps,

Quicken Kathryn

Has the account been activated for downloading?
    If yes, then there should be an entry in the Password Vault for the bank, followed by a subentry for the userID which contains the password.

I think (but can't prove it right now) ...
    If you have a bank's account's activated for downloading but chose NOT to save the password in the vault (see Kathryn's image above), then the "Add Password" button should be active when you click the entry for this bank.
    Once you have one password saved for the bank, the button goes inactive because you can only have one password per userID.
  • LoTechGalLoTechGal Member
    edited July 2016

Hi mistajoe3840,

Hope this helps,

Quicken Kathryn

I haven't updated my account for awhile but none of them show up in my vault yet they say they are activated.  I need to change the password for some acc'ts.  The "Add Password" is not highlighted.