Quicken Home Inventory Manager Program

keminnaertkeminnaert Member
edited January 25 in

I use a desktop computer with Vista and 64 bit processor. After starting to use this computer I discover that the Home Inventory Manager program imbedded in Quicken will not work.

I was told by Quicken the program is by a third party and not supported by Quicken. I have several questions.

1. Do you have a fix for this problem yet?

2. If not, I noticed you are advertising Quicken Home Inventory Manager 2104. This appears to be a stand alone program. Will it operate on my computer (Vista and 64 bit processor)?

3. If yes, can the data in my current imbedded program be imported to the new program?

4. Are the two programs compatible regarding format and information?

I would appreciate your candid assessment of these issues. I am very frustrated to have lost the home inventory capability. I have a large volume of historical inventory records for two homes in that file now. I would love to be able to update and continue using this feature.

Ken

[Removed]

Comments

• EdEd Member
    edited January 25
    How To Install Quicken Home Inventory and Emergency Records Organizer:http://knowledgebase.quicken.com/support/help/installing/installing-quicken-home-inventory-and-emergency-re...

Try the steps in the answer page linked. If you still receive an error message please comment on the thread with the exact error message received. It should still run on your Windows Vista PC.
  • jl747jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 25
    You said "I noticed you are  advertising Quicken Home Inventory Manager 2104"
    If it did say 2104 then you are going to be waiting a long time.

Where did you see this advertisement?
    The stand alone version was discontinued a number of years ago.
    Quicken Windows Premier 2019
    Windows 10 Pro 1809
  • keminnaertkeminnaert Member
    edited July 2016
    Ed said:

How To Install Quicken Home Inventory and Emergency Records Organizer:http://knowledgebase.quicken.com/support/help/installing/installing-quicken-home-inventory-and-emergency-re...

Try the steps in the answer page linked. If you still receive an error message please comment on the thread with the exact error message received. It should still run on your Windows Vista PC.

I did make an error in the first message,  It should have been 2014 instead of 2104.  

The Home Inventory manager is part of my Quicken Deluxe 2012 and already installed and has been for some time.  However, when I open the Home Inventory program and try to open, add, or modify an item the program stops.  A message comes up that the program has stopped working.  Then nothing more happens.
  • jl747jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Ed said:

You should try to reinstall QHI by doing what it says in the article Quicken Edgardo posted.
    After you do this reboot computer and see if it works without any errors.

Also, your data file (QHI.IDB) for QHI might be damaged.
    If that is the case and if you have been backing it up, locate the backup and replace the original with it.
    Quicken Windows Premier 2019
    Windows 10 Pro 1809