What is connlog.txt?

JimDJimD Member
edited January 22 in

I recently noticed that I have a log folder on my desktop that I believe is a Quicken folder. In it is CONNLOG.TXT from 3/25/14. Can I delete this folder? In my quicken folder is a more recent CONNLOG.TXT dated 5/22/14. The earlier o0ne is only 4 lines long where as the more recent one in a lot longer.

Comments

• edited January 22

Connlog is the Quicken log of its internet connections to financial institutions. You may have that log on your desktop if you had contacted Support for assistance with an online banking issue. Yes, you can delete it from the Desktop.
  • leishirsuteleishirsute Member
    edited December 2016

Connlog is the Quicken log of its internet connections to financial institutions. You may have that log on your desktop if you had contacted Support for assistance with an online banking issue. Yes, you can delete it from the Desktop.

Did  not contact support and get this Log folder on desktop frequently when I use Quicken.  How do I stop it from getting created on the desktop?
    Quicken Windows 2017 Deluxe R19.1 on Windows 7 & 10 Pro
  • mthomas3226mthomas3226 Member
    edited July 2016

I too have this Log folder as well as a Config folder. They seem to pop back up every few days. I know that I contacted Support a few years back, but I have not had any luck getting rid of them since then.
  • q_lurkerq_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018

I believe the ConnLog.txt file is stored in the same folder as your QDF data file. So if you have that QDF file stored on your desktop (not as a short cut, the real file) then when created, the ConnLog file will also appear there. Make sure your QDF file is in a suitable documents folder. I prefer a document folder dedicated to Quicken. The detailed location may depend on your OS.
  • mthomas3226mthomas3226 Member
    edited July 2016
    q.lurker said:

I believe the ConnLog.txt file is stored in the same folder as your QDF data file. So if you have that QDF file stored on your desktop (not as a short cut, the real file) then when created, the ConnLog file will also appear there. Make sure your QDF file is in a suitable documents folder. I prefer a document folder dedicated to Quicken. The detailed location may depend on your OS.

QDF file is (and has always been) located in a different folder. This started when Intuit Support was trying to help me diagnose a connection issue. However, I can't figure out what they had me change back then which started putting these files on the Desktop.
  • Connlog is the Quicken log of its internet connections to financial institutions. You may have that log on your desktop if you had contacted Support for assistance with an online banking issue. Yes, you can delete it from the Desktop.

Did  not contact support and get this Log folder on desktop frequently when I use Quicken.  How do I stop it from getting created on the desktop?
    I have this problem as well.  It started a few weeks ago, and I have not contacted support about a banking issue.

In the quoted question above, I do not see an answer to the question, "How do I stop it from getting created on the desktop?"  I, too, would like an answer to that question.