quicken can't find my loan

diddy kdiddy k Member ✭✭
edited October 2018 in

I use two different banks. Any savings/checking account, Quicken can find through the add account. However, in both banks, Quicken is not finding any loan accounts. I've gone through customer support and they just said to contact the bank as it is not a bug with quicken. I'd believe that except this is happening for both banks (multiple loans), and mint.com can find the loan accounts without an issue. What is going on here?

Comments

• NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    What's "Altra", as in your 3rd sentence?
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Quicken TamaraQuicken Tamara Member, Employee ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

Not all financial institutions will provide Loan download information to Quicken. This is a tricky OFX code to create, and can create expense that the FI may not choose to incur.

Comparing Mint to Quicken is not always a good idea - Mint is an online-only, web application with vastly different criteria, relationships, and functionality. Quicken is a desktop application with a data file on your system that relies on specific coding to function properly.

If you'll provide the names of the two financial institutions that you're not finding Loan download in your file, I can verify if they do or do not support Loan downloading to Quicken.
  • diddy kdiddy k Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016

Not all financial institutions will provide Loan download information to Quicken. This is a tricky OFX code to create, and can create expense that the FI may not choose to incur.

Comparing Mint to Quicken is not always a good idea - Mint is an online-only, web application with vastly different criteria, relationships, and functionality. Quicken is a desktop application with a data file on your system that relies on specific coding to function properly.

If you'll provide the names of the two financial institutions that you're not finding Loan download in your file, I can verify if they do or do not support Loan downloading to Quicken.

Altra Federal CU and Capital One 360
  • diddy kdiddy k Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Sorry typo. I fixed it.
  • bobbob Member
    edited July 2016

Same trouble here with my bank, Busey Bank. Can you check to see if Busey Bank is supported by Quicken.
    edited December 2016

The EASIEST, and most up to date means for ANY user to check if their bank (and the account that they're interested in) supports Q is to try it yourself.
    CTRL-A, pick the account type and start typing the name of the bank/card/brokerage/etc.
    {Note, this process is probably different in the Mac products).
  • bobbob Member
    edited July 2016

Thank you but unfortunately, although my bank does show up in the list after pressing control A, whenever it attempts to find the loan I get the message that no loans are found at this bank. I know my username and password are correct because I can log into my account while online through a browser, too. This may be one of those banks which do not support Quicken. I'm surprised that my bank comes up in the choice list then.
    edited December 2016

There's 2 Busey Banks listed.  If straight "Busey Bank" didn't work, try "Busey Bank BA Quicken".  It seems to have a 217 area code if that's helpful.
    Also, some banks only support Q for certain bank products ... or for certain platforms.  I'm looking at the Windows list. The list for  Mac product is significantly different.
  • bobbob Member
    edited July 2016

Thank you. I think you are right but before I tried this I attempted it again but set the loan as an equity loan instead of a mortgage and it worked fine.