Continuing problems with downloading transactions from Discover.

Mark ShaftonMark Shafton Member ✭✭
edited October 2018 in

The error message is "Quicken is unable to update your account because of an error on the Quicken server. Please do not contact your financial institution. They cannot resolve this problem. CC-501". I have checked all the account info/passwords and it is correct. It takes as many as 10 retries but it eventually downloads. Even after it works, an immediate retry will result in error. It seems that the occasional time it works is random. I believe this is a Quicken but that needs to be resolved ASAP. If this were a real account problem, it would fail consistently but it does not, it works sometimes.

Comments

• Quicken ColinQuicken Colin Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017

Good afternoon,

If this is still an issue please see the following article: http://knowledgebase.quicken.com/support/help/downloading-accounts-and-transactions-from-your-bank/error-wh... I believe, however, that this issue has been resolved. Please comment below with any issues or questions.

Best of luck
    Colin
  • Mark ShaftonMark Shafton Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016

Good afternoon,

If this is still an issue please see the following article: http://knowledgebase.quicken.com/support/help/downloading-accounts-and-transactions-from-your-bank/error-wh... I believe, however, that this issue has been resolved. Please comment below with any issues or questions.

Best of luck
    Colin

I have already done all of this and the problem has continued for more than a week. This issue is definitely not resolved.  As previously stated, I am able to download about 1 time in 10.
    edited December 2016

Good afternoon,

Best of luck
    Colin

what happens if you go to File > New > Start from scratch and try to add the account.  All of your information will be saved in your original data file and this well help narrow down what is causing the issue.
    edited August 2016

Good afternoon,

Best of luck
    Colin

OK, tried that. The only account in the new file is discover and the issue persists.  Took 4 tries to get a connection but finally did and download was complete and accurate. I dont think this issue is in my data file, I believe it is a communications problem somewhere between Quicken server  and Discover server. It has happened before....
    edited December 2016

Good afternoon,

Best of luck
    Colin

If the same issue occurred in a new file then, yes, the issue is not in the data file.  If you haven't yet, switch back to your original data file and I would suggest contacting our customer support at http://quicken.intuit.com/go/contactsupport
  • Quicken TamaraQuicken Tamara Member, Employee ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

There are some differences that are not pointed out in this Topic, so I'm providing some clarifications:

Discover BANK is not to be confused with Discover Card, which has two options for updating - Discover Card and Discover Card Account Center.

Discover BANK is currently experiencing internal errors in Quicken that we're investigating with the bank.

Discover Card can connect via Direct Connect or Express Web Connect:
    • Direct Connect requires enrollment with the financial institution (FI) to allow Quicken to connect to your account(s) on their servers. This enrollment will use different login credentials than what is typically used to access your accounts at their website. This method has a 10-character limit for the password, as defined by the FI on the branding servers.
    • Express Connect does not require enrollment, and uses the same login credentials in Quicken that you use when accessing your accounts at their website. This method has a 32-character limit for the password, as defined by the FI on the branding servers.
    Discover Card Account Center uses Express Web Connect and allows importing of a QFX downloaded from their website.

Without knowing which of these FI presences you're referencing on this topic, and without seeing your Connlog + OFX Log files to determine what error message is being returned in Quicken and it's internal counterpart, it's impossible to provide an answer to address your specific problem.

CC-501 is a generic catch-all error that can be caused by a myriad of internal errors, necessary to determining what the next step(s) may be to resolve the condition. Since it's happening in a new file, it is possible that you've identified the root cause (a connectivity problem), and that pretty much discounts that you're using Discover Bank, which would fail in any file.

Colin guided you appropriately, to contact Quicken Support so they can collect your logs and escalate any unresolved issue that requires further attention from us (non-User Actionable errors).
    edited August 2016

There are some differences that are not pointed out in this Topic, so I'm providing some clarifications:

Discover BANK is not to be confused with Discover Card, which has two options for updating - Discover Card and Discover Card Account Center.

Discover BANK is currently experiencing internal errors in Quicken that we're investigating with the bank.

Discover Card can connect via Direct Connect or Express Web Connect:

• Direct Connect requires enrollment with the financial institution (FI) to allow Quicken to connect to your account(s) on their servers. This enrollment will use different login credentials than what is typically used to access your accounts at their website. This method has a 10-character limit for the password, as defined by the FI on the branding servers.
    • Express Connect does not require enrollment, and uses the same login credentials in Quicken that you use when accessing your accounts at their website. This method has a 32-character limit for the password, as defined by the FI on the branding servers.
    Discover Card Account Center uses Express Web Connect and allows importing of a QFX downloaded from their website.

Without knowing which of these FI presences you're referencing on this topic, and without seeing your Connlog + OFX Log files to determine what error message is being returned in Quicken and it's internal counterpart, it's impossible to provide an answer to address your specific problem.

CC-501 is a generic catch-all error that can be caused by a myriad of internal errors, necessary to determining what the next step(s) may be to resolve the condition. Since it's happening in a new file, it is possible that you've identified the root cause (a connectivity problem), and that pretty much discounts that you're using Discover Bank, which would fail in any file.

Colin guided you appropriately, to contact Quicken Support so they can collect your logs and escalate any unresolved issue that requires further attention from us (non-User Actionable errors).
    Tamara- FYI  My issue is with Discover CARD. I have not contacted Quicken support as for the last 48 hours it has worked without errors or retries. Nothing has changed on my end, so I assumed that something changed either at Quicken or Discover. As long as it keeps working I am good to go. If the error recurs, I will contact support and provide the log files as you suggest. One question: Connlog?? I do not find that file anywhere. Thanks for the info.