Can I limit access to Quicken on my computer?

universeuniverse Member ✭✭
edited September 2018 in

The only program I want to limit access to on my computer (for a time) is to Quicken. May I do this and if so, how?

Comments

• EdEd Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018

You can password protect your data file so that only those with the password can open the file. Please read the article linked below.

How To Password Protect a Quicken for Windows Data File:http://knowledgebase.quicken.com/support/help/working-with-quicken-data-and-transactions/how-to-password-pr...

Support: https://quicken.custhelp.com/app/contact/plvl1/win
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

Alternatively, you can protect your Windows User Account on your computer with a password known only to you and create one or more new Windows User Accounts without Administrator privileges for the other computer user(s).

This will protect all your documents, pictures, etc. including your Quicken data file, assuming that your Quicken data file is in your account's DocumentsQuicken folder.

Other users will be able to start their own Quicken data file in their own accounts without being able to get to your file.
  • universeuniverse Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    UKR said:

Alternatively, you can protect your Windows User Account on your computer with a password known only to you and create one or more new Windows User Accounts without Administrator privileges for the other computer user(s).

This will protect all your documents, pictures, etc. including your Quicken data file, assuming that your Quicken data file is in your account's DocumentsQuicken folder.

Other users will be able to start their own Quicken data file in their own accounts without being able to get to your file.

I repeat for the second response - thank you for your time and talent. I will carefully follow your directions and assume that I can eliminate the password at a future time when it is not necessary. There are special circumstances that suggest it as a solution for now.