What happened to Quicken 2007's categories and classes in Quicken 2015?

edited May 2018 in

Categories and classes do not import properly from Quicken 2007 to Q2015. The 2007 classes have become Q2015's categories and the Q2007 categories have disappeared. I would have thought that classes would become the new tags and the categories kept the same between the versions. Is there a way to fix this?

Comments

• John_in_NCJohn_in_NC SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    You might wish to go into Preferences and choose to show the long name for categories (i.e. the full Parent:Sub)
  • edited July 2016
    While we're on the subject of categories - I think I have found a bug that occurs whenever a category is deleted, edited, or merged.  I will not be modifying categories until this bug is fixed.
  • rmoorermoore Member
    edited August 2016

I, too, am a Quicken 2007 user who just upgraded to 2015 today. Been using since the '80's. Quicken 2015 has taken away our flexibility! Making it easier and more bullet proof for new users has penalized former users.

The classes did not come through. The reports can't be exported. I exported from the data and only categories came through to excel.

How do you find sub categories (classes) and how do you get them to export into excel?

Where are the quicken files on our hard drive and how do I find them?
  • rmoorermoore Member
    edited July 2016
    rmoore said:

I, too, am a Quicken 2007 user who just upgraded to 2015 today. Been using since the '80's. Quicken 2015 has taken away our flexibility! Making it easier and more bullet proof for new users has penalized former users.

The classes did not come through. The reports can't be exported. I exported from the data and only categories came through to excel.

How do you find sub categories (classes) and how do you get them to export into excel?

The long version captured sub categories but not classes. With or without them, I have to manually go through every line item to prepare my report for the CPA. I can't just export a customized report with sub categories and classes like I used to do. I feel like I am using a most antiquated and rudimentary product now. I would rather have the functionality from Quicken 2007 than the charts.
  • rmoorermoore Member
    edited July 2016
    rmoore said:

I agree with you. The penalized former users to capture new users.