Why does Quicken keep resetting the due date of a linked credit card bill reminder with a zero amoun

Rich_MRich_M SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 22 in

I have a credit card Bill Reminder that I linked to Online Bills that has a zero amount due on 12/21.

Quicken marked it Paid on the Online Bills tab, which makes sense, but the Bill Reminder remained as zero amount due on 12/21, so I just skipped it.

The problem is that each time I do a OSU, the same Bill Reminder reappears as zero Due on 12/21.

I've also noticed that if I repeatedly skip it when this happens, the Due next on date in Edit Bill Reminder keeps advancing an additional month into the future.

So I'm not sure if I just don't understand the design of this feature or if it's a known issue with it.

Quicken 2017 Premier - Windows 10

Comments

• Quicken TamaraQuicken Tamara Member, Employee ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 22

If you have Linked Biller on that Reminder, the balance and due date are coming directly from the Biller.

If you have not Linked Biller, and are talking about a Repeating Online Payment, you may have a conflict between the Repeating Payment and the Reminder transaction.

Since the Reminder was set for $0, you may have needed to use Enter rather than Skip to advance the due date.
  • thorn5thorn5 Member
    edited January 2017
    There appears to be several reported and unresolved issues with this new feature to QW2016 (Online Bills).  Hopefully, they will be corrected soon.
  • Rich_MRich_M SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

If you have Linked Biller on that Reminder, the balance and due date are coming directly from the Biller.

If you have not Linked Biller, and are talking about a Repeating Online Payment, you may have a conflict between the Repeating Payment and the Reminder transaction.

Since the Reminder was set for $0, you may have needed to use Enter rather than Skip to advance the due date.

Hi Tamara, thanks for your response.

When there is no amount due, I don't want to use enter because that will just create unnecessary transactions in my registers with a zero amount.

I want to just skip this linked Bill Reminder as I did in the past and just have it advance to the next due date until the next billing cycle.

The issue I have here is that Quicken keeps reinstating the skipped reminder after a OSU with a zero amount due on 12/21.

I just want it off my bills due list.
    edited January 22
    Agreed and I have found many others.  I think this is an excellent feature they have come out with in this version. I am discussing this particular issue to make sure they are aware of it, unless it's a misunderstanding on my part, but it's not working as expected.
  • Quicken TamaraQuicken Tamara Member, Employee ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Got it. We do have a Change Request that's been submitted for this - QW-6069. Thanks for reporting this!
    edited December 2016

That's what I was hoping to hear, thanks!