When the business tab is mentioned, which one are they talking about?

TonyTony Member
edited October 2018 in

To resolve unspecified business expenses, the instructions say click the business tab. Which one? There is one at the very top and one in the black area.

Comments

  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I don't have H&B, but the screenshot shows the difference.

    image
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018




    Show Tabs / Show Toolbar --- missing items?





    Click on the View Menu item.
    In the popup window
    - make sure both Show Tabs and Show Toolbar items have checkmarks. If not, click to add checkmark.
    - click on Tabs to show.
    - in the popup click to put a checkmark on any item that does not already have a checkmark and is not greyed out. You may have to repeatedly click Tabs to show until all items are selected.





    For easy access to certain functions like Write and Print checks, Reconcile, etc. customize the Quicken Toolbar.
    To do so, click the gear icon at the right edge of the Toolbar line (or click View / Customize Toolbar).
    In the Customize Toolbar window be sure to put a checkmark at "Show all toolbar choices" and then proceed with adding the icons you want on the Toolbar.





    While you're in there, also put a checkmark at "Show global search".
  • mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    splasher said:

    I don't have H&B, but the screenshot shows the difference.

    image

    Clicking on either Business | Go To Business in the menu or clicking on the Business tab will take you to the Business tab to the view you last used there.
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • TonyTony Member
    edited December 2016
    UKR said:





    Show Tabs / Show Toolbar --- missing items?





    Click on the View Menu item.
    In the popup window
    - make sure both Show Tabs and Show Toolbar items have checkmarks. If not, click to add checkmark.
    - click on Tabs to show.
    - in the popup click to put a checkmark on any item that does not already have a checkmark and is not greyed out. You may have to repeatedly click Tabs to show until all items are selected.





    For easy access to certain functions like Write and Print checks, Reconcile, etc. customize the Quicken Toolbar.
    To do so, click the gear icon at the right edge of the Toolbar line (or click View / Customize Toolbar).
    In the Customize Toolbar window be sure to put a checkmark at "Show all toolbar choices" and then proceed with adding the icons you want on the Toolbar.





    While you're in there, also put a checkmark at "Show global search".

    This isn't my problem. All those are checked. I am trying to correct some "Unspecified Business Expenses". If I go to the bottom of the report it tells me to resolve the transactions, but the instructions says click on the business tab. So, which tab are they talking about, the one at the very top (with View, Tools etc.) or the on in the black area? Both say "Business".
  • TonyTony Member
    edited December 2016
    splasher said:

    I don't have H&B, but the screenshot shows the difference.

    image

    I am trying to correct some "Unspecified Business Expenses". If I go to the bottom of the report it tells me to resolve the transactions, but the instructions say click on the business tab. So, which tab are they talking about, the one at the very top (with View, Tools etc.) or the on in the black area? Both say "Business".
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    splasher said:

    I don't have H&B, but the screenshot shows the difference.

    image

    Did you look at the screenshot??????
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

  • TonyTony Member
    edited December 2016
    splasher said:

    I don't have H&B, but the screenshot shows the difference.

    image

    I did, Superuser, but that does not look like the one I have on 2016 H&B. In that same black section, I have a "Business" to the right of "Property & Debt" and another one in the top section between "Planning" and "Mobile & Alerts". How did you send the screen shot? I could send you one if I knew how. (I have already made the screen shot.)
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    splasher said:

    I don't have H&B, but the screenshot shows the difference.

    image

    As I stated along with the screenshot, "I don't have H&B, but the screenshot shows the difference."
    You wanted to know which were the "tabs", the screenshot points that out.
    Screenshots can be attached to the original post and answers, but not comments.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

  • Howard RoarkHoward Roark Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    splasher said:

    I don't have H&B, but the screenshot shows the difference.

    image

    Splasher said: "As I stated along with the screenshot, 'I don't have H&B, but the screenshot shows the difference'."  :+1:

    Some folks just refuse to "read" for comprehension.
  • Howard RoarkHoward Roark Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    splasher said:

    I don't have H&B, but the screenshot shows the difference.

    image

    By the way; a note to the original poster: you could have cut this discussion short a long time ago.

    All you had to do was click on both of the "Business" choices - the correct choice should have (and almost certainly would have) led you to the solution.
    In the extremely unlikely situation that neither choice provided access to the solution, THAT should have been the content of your problem description.
  • TonyTony Member
    edited December 2016
    splasher said:

    I don't have H&B, but the screenshot shows the difference.

    image

    You did not understand the question and the reason why I asked it. Or, Quicken did not post my complete question.
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    splasher said:

    I don't have H&B, but the screenshot shows the difference.

    image

    I give up.  They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but either you aren't looking or reading.  I'm out of this thread.  Unfollowing
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

  • TonyTony Member
    edited December 2016
    splasher said:

    I don't have H&B, but the screenshot shows the difference.

    image

    Thanks for trying, splasher. I looked and answered you, but you did not answer my last comment. But thanks again.
Sign In or Register to comment.