qm2016 direct connect bill pay not working, get error 2005_Description/ 2005_Suggestion (both in the

BobbyB1BobbyB1 Member
edited August 2016 in

After entering a scheduled transaction, choosing on line payment and selecting the payee and click save, the entry cannot be paid.  Two ways to pay but neither work. Put Send in check # column hit return and get the 2005 error.  If you edit the scheduled entry in anyway the 2005 error appears also.  The other way to pay is edit the transaction, edit details, on line payment, pay now, which also generates the 2005 error after putting To Send in the Check # column.  The icon remains a clock, I was told it is suppose to become an orange open envelope.  Bill pay is activated with the green light.  Selecting Accounts, Update Selected On Line Acount contacts the bank but finds no transaction to send.

There are many other problems with this software also.  It would not migrate QM2007 data file, had to first migrate to QM2015 then 2016.  On initial turning on Bill Pay with my Bank all payments previously sent to my Bank using QM2007 for 6 months were duplicated totally screwing up the accuracy of the check register.  Had to delete each one by one.

Over 4 days, several hours, using Quicken Chat and phone tech support at 1-888-311-7276 no solutions were found.

Comments

• mattajohnsonmattajohnson Member
    edited July 2016
    I am also having this issue. It's rather frustrating as Bill Pay was the only real "new" feature and it doesn't even work for scheduled transactions. I had been waiting for Bill Pay to come to current version of Quicken for longest time, and it's just a disappointment. This needs to be addressed relatively soon, or I'll be asking for my money back. I was using Quicken 2015 and I paid the $75 for Bill Pay feature only; I need it to work.
  • molen00molen00 Member
    edited August 2016

After hours with technical support, who have no clue, I tried something on my own. After continuously getting the same 2005_Description Error and 2005_Suggestion error in the same box, and absolutely NO help from technical support this is what I did. I was trying to pay a recurring monthly mortgage payment. I went to last months payment and hit duplicate payment. It only logged in the register. I then changed the date to the correct date for the next month payment and then everything worked correctly. It allowed me in the online payment tab to check the box, and then allowed me to pay now. I then skipped the next month payment in the reminders. This worked, but will be a pain in the **** to do for each every month so hopefully they will come up with a solution by next month.
  • macuser_22macuser_22 Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    molen00 said:

After hours with technical support, who have no clue, I tried something on my own. After continuously getting the same 2005_Description Error and 2005_Suggestion error in the same box, and absolutely NO help from technical support this is what I did. I was trying to pay a recurring monthly mortgage payment. I went to last months payment and hit duplicate payment. It only logged in the register. I then changed the date to the correct date for the next month payment and then everything worked correctly. It allowed me in the online payment tab to check the box, and then allowed me to pay now. I then skipped the next month payment in the reminders. This worked, but will be a pain in the **** to do for each every month so hopefully they will come up with a solution by next month.

That error box was reported during beta testing but it was probably too late to make any changes in the production software.  Hopefully it will be corrected in a future update.   For now, clicking pay now should change the icon to an open envelop with "To Send" in the status, then when you update (or edit and click "pay now") it should be sent to the bank and the envelop changes to a blue closed envelop.
  • molen00molen00 Member
    edited July 2016
    molen00 said:

I appreciate your response. It's a problem with all my scheduled bill payments. Is there any way to escalate the severity of this issue to get a fast fix? This is a key issue and it's effecting a lot of people I see. The other issue, when you do an update of all accounts, in the window version, it puts a red flag next to each account that has new transactions to review. The 2016 Mac version does NOT do this. You have to literally click each account to see if there are any new transactions. Can this feature be added like windows version? The Bill pay issue is obviously the more important issue. Please advise.  Thank You
  • molen00molen00 Member
    edited August 2016

I agree with mattajohnson above, I upgraded from Windows Quicken 2013 because I'm a Mac user and I hate windows. Once I saw you finally had bill pay, I didn't hesitate to upgrade, but I am extremely disappointed and frustrated. I cannot afford to keep spending so many hours on hold for Customer Service and trying to fix this issue. If it's not addressed immediately, I have no choice but to ask for my money back. I'm very dissatisfied. I was on hold for over 2 1/2 hours today and never got picked up. I am currently now holding for over 40 minutes yet again, waiting for someone. The fact that I have to wait so long for help, shows there are real major issues with this software. I would think someone would contact me on there own over there, but silly me for thinking they would care about there customer satisfaction.
  • macuser_22macuser_22 Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    molen00 said:

[mention://2033630 @molen00] - I have no idea how soon there will be an update.

New transactions in 2016 should put a blue dot in the status column for new transactions that has not been reviewed.  You can click on the dot to mark it as reviewed and the dot goes away.  You can also select a group or transactions and right-click to set the status of them all to reviewed.    In addition, you can also view "All Accounts" and then filter by "Last downloaded" status to see the new transactions.
  • molen00molen00 Member
    edited July 2016
    molen00 said:

Yes, I understand about the blue dot. I didn't think about viewing under All Accounts to see each of the new transactions. I still would prefer if they put a red flag next to each account that has been updated. I guess old habits, but your method will help in the meantime. The main issue is still the bill pay. After 6 hours of various technical support calls or online chats, only one REP confirmed there's an issue with it and supposedly being worked on. This is CRUCIAL and needs to be HIGHLY ESCALATED since that it the main reason people will upgrade to Quicken 2016 for MAC. I hope they are taking this seriously.
  • TaalibTaalib Member
    edited July 2016
    molen00 said:

I agree with mattajohnson above, I upgraded from Windows Quicken 2013 because I'm a Mac user and I hate windows. Once I saw you finally had bill pay, I didn't hesitate to upgrade, but I am extremely disappointed and frustrated. I cannot afford to keep spending so many hours on hold for Customer Service and trying to fix this issue. If it's not addressed immediately, I have no choice but to ask for my money back. I'm very dissatisfied. I was on hold for over 2 1/2 hours today and never got picked up. I am currently now holding for over 40 minutes yet again, waiting for someone. The fact that I have to wait so long for help, shows there are real major issues with this software. I would think someone would contact me on there own over there, but silly me for thinking they would care about there customer satisfaction.

Same problem here. I was on chat with tech support and they assured me that they would get me through this. At the end after deactivating accounts they gave me the link to this discussion. Just tried it again after following your instructions and it worked. To be clear it will not let us schedule a payment and send it. Seems like we need a fix with the scheduling component. Thanks Molen00
  • edited July 2016
    molen00 said:

Found another glitch that may be of help to some folks regarding direct-connect bill pay. When you set up a new payee, be aware that you cannot use unusual symbols such as ampersand in the description box or the optional address line. Once I removed my ampersands, the payments were accepted by my bank. Additionally, I've notified Intuit that qm2016 will not allow me to change previously paid direct-connect bill payment payees that already have the ampersand embedded in the payee (from when I used Quicken for Windows 2012).

I too, only converted to qm2016 after they added direct connect, thinking that finally we mac-heads were being shown a little respect. Funny, why do I feel like we are being used as free agents to help develop this software? Let's all hang in there a little longer....it has to get better.
  • edited July 2016
    molen00 said:

Why is it we can't get on shore help, most problems need a soft ware engineer, not a person who can not understand our language, i have to believe they are following a flow chart of some sort. hum, understand,silence, let me check on that, give me two minutes, hum, i see , silence, r u there, yes, silence (looking a flow chart), its really a shame, i have had apple products for years and their support is great, that is one reason their stuff is expensive, well worth it.  i was on phone support for hours listening to some really bad elevator music, then hours and i mean hours listening to someone who speaks english but not understand english trying to solve error 185.187, kept saying FI fault, not so. also i have blisters on my fingers from an live chat, boy was that useless.