Quicken will not accept and work with online account passwords which include special characters? My

vharbuckvharbuck Member
edited October 2018 in
I reported this issue over a year ago and again just now.  The response from Quicken is the same...  basically, they do not care!!!

Comments

• Quicken DaveQuicken Dave Alumni
    edited October 2018

Hi Vharbuck,

I'm sorry for any trouble you are having with your online account password. If the special characters <, &, or > appear in your password, they may be causing the problem.  Your password may contain special characters, but these three characters have been known to cause issues in the way that Quicken interacts with the Bank site.

If your password doesn't have those characters, please follow the steps in this link:

Once that is done, in that Online Services Tab, click on "Set up now..." under online set up.  Put your username and password back in and you should be good to go.

If this doesn't work or if you have any questions about the process please initiate a chat or phone session with a Quicken agent. They have access to the tools and information necessary to help you with password/login issues.

To reach out to a Quicken chat agent, visit the support page (see link below), you will have to select the issues that pertain to your situation, from the drop down menus. Once you've done this, a blue button will appear that will allow you to initiate the chat session.

If you prefer phone support, Quicken phone support is available Monday through Friday, 5:00AM PST – 5:00PM PST, at 1-888-311-7276, for all supported products. Please be aware that phone support may have a longer wait time.

I hope this helps,
    Dave
  • vharbuckvharbuck Member
    edited July 2016

Hi Vharbuck,

I'm sorry for any trouble you are having with your online account password. If the special characters <, &, or > appear in your password, they may be causing the problem.  Your password may contain special characters, but these three characters have been known to cause issues in the way that Quicken interacts with the Bank site.

If your password doesn't have those characters, please follow the steps in this link:

Once that is done, in that Online Services Tab, click on "Set up now..." under online set up.  Put your username and password back in and you should be good to go.

If this doesn't work or if you have any questions about the process please initiate a chat or phone session with a Quicken agent. They have access to the tools and information necessary to help you with password/login issues.

To reach out to a Quicken chat agent, visit the support page (see link below), you will have to select the issues that pertain to your situation, from the drop down menus. Once you've done this, a blue button will appear that will allow you to initiate the chat session.

If you prefer phone support, Quicken phone support is available Monday through Friday, 5:00AM PST – 5:00PM PST, at 1-888-311-7276, for all supported products. Please be aware that phone support may have a longer wait time.

I hope this helps,
    Dave
    # does not work either
    edited July 2016

Hi Vharbuck,

I hope this helps,
    Dave
    I have already contact Quicken support via chat, and it was made very clear that special characters cannot be used
    edited July 2016

Hi Vharbuck,

I hope this helps,
    Dave
    I reported this issue over a year ago and again just now.  The response from Quicken is the same...  basically, they do not care!!!
  • Howard RoarkHoward Roark Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    "Quicken will not accept and work with online account passwords which include special characters?"

Nonsense.
    We've answered this multiple times.
    I guarantee you that Quicken allows special characters in financial institution passwords when it is permissible.

1.) If you are using "Web Connect" as your Connection Method, Quicken has nothing to do with the passwords you enter. They are entered directly at your financial institution web site, and if they are rejected, it is the financial institution rejecting them.
    1.) If you are using "Express Web Connect" as your Connection Method, the special characters that Quicken Dave pointed out are not allowed by Quicken. That's not going to change.
    2.) If you are using "Direct Connect" as your Connection Method, the only limit on special characters is the limit placed by your financial institution and sent to Intuit/Quicken. If Quicken has the correct current password rules for your financial institution, you can enter any special characters the fi permits.

I just entered this password in my Q2014 R8 Password Vault with no complaints from Quicken: abcd1234!@#$%^&;*<>?
    The financial institution whose password I entered allows all those special characters (and more).
  • Howard RoarkHoward Roark Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I forgot to add: if Quicken does not have the current password rules for your financial institution, you may be able to bring them up-to-date by Refreshing Branding and Profile.
    See: http://knowledgebase.quicken.com/support/help/downloading-accounts-and-transactions-from-your-bank/how-to-refresh-financial-institution-information-in-quicken-windows/GEN82114.html

If that does not help, you need to find the Quicken liaison person at your financial institution and get them to contact Intuit so Intuit can get their password rules and make them available to Quicken.
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

Hi Vharbuck,

I hope this helps,
    Dave
    "that special characters cannot be used".  Whomever you talked to was mis-informed ... as NWJ demonstrates above.
    Quicken Dave, BTW, is also a Quicken employee.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP