Quicken will not accept online account passwords with special chars? My bank now requires special ch

vharbuckvharbuck Member
edited October 2018 in
Someone closed my issue yesterday before it was resolved...
please do not do that today

Comments

• vharbuckvharbuck Member
    edited July 2016
    I get this error:

Hmmm, we can’t find the page you’re looking for.
    We recently redesigned our website, so it’s possible the page was moved or is still under construction
    edited July 2016
    QuickenDave provided this link, but it does not exist:

http://knowledgebase.quicken.com/support/help/GEN82055.html
    edited July 2016
    And despite the rude responses suggested that my problem does not exist, it does indeed exist...
    Perhaps there is a fix, but I need help finding it, and the Chat agents have told me that I cannot use special characters for my online account passwords
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    That's funny, I just clicked on it and it took me to the appropriate webpage, no error.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor"
    edited July 2016
    PLease do not close this issue until I get some resolution this time...  I am trying
  • Quicken KathrynQuicken Kathryn Administrator ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    [mention://4812872 @vharbuck] - can you let us know what specific issue you're having with trying to use special characters in your online banking passwords?  What error are you seeing?  Which bank is this occurring with?  You can absolutely use special characters in your passwords--sometimes using <, &, or > can cause issues, but any other characters (#, $, %, @, !) won't cause any issues.
    Quicken Kathryn
    Community Administrator
    edited October 2018
    The issue with <,> and & is that they get gobbled up by the HTML processors when used with accounts that are setup for Express Web Connect.  Direct Connect download connections have no trouble with those three special characters.

edited July 2016
    As for the jerks I dealt with yesterday, Well, I'm not happy!
    edited July 2016
    Thank you, Kathryn for actually being polite and showing concern
    edited July 2016
    I am now on the phone with Support, and the tech is having just as much problem as I am.  We have been at it for nearly an hour so far
    edited October 2018
    Why won't you state which financial institution?  Calling someone a jerk is a quick way to get no help at all.

edited July 2016
    I have tried passwords with the # character and now with the $ character, and we are still having problems.
    I have now upgraded to R9 for 2014 RPM, which no one else recommended, yet that has not helped either.
    I have sent LOG files to tech, still no luck.
    We are trouble shooting.

Bottom line, the jerks from yesterday were rude, claiming that I had no issues, and then closed my issue without resolution.
    I would hope that a supervisor will see this and reprimand them accordingly, for they make Quicken Support look very bad!!!!
    edited July 2016
    I  am just getting back to this thread while still on phone with tech...  the bank is VyStar CU.
    edited July 2016
    Someone acting like a jerk is a quick way to be called a jerk...  which is why I thanked Kathryn for showing concern, unlike the responses yesterday.
    edited July 2016
    The error is CC-501
    edited October 2018
    Did you refresh the branding as NoWayJose suggested yesterday?
    http://knowledgebase.quicken.com/support/help/downloading-accounts-and-transactions-from-your-bank/how-to-refresh-financial-institution-information-in-quicken-windows/GEN82114.html
    Branding is the part that tells Quicken what is allowed for a password and where Quicken should make its connections for downloading.

• Quicken TamaraQuicken Tamara Member, Employee ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

VyStar CU is currently working with our online scripts team to resolve various problems created by their recent update to login protocols.

Thank you for posting the FI name, which allowed me to push for more information and resolution!
    edited July 2016
    Did that with the tech, and then sent more log files.
    edited July 2016
    yes
    edited July 2016

VyStar CU is currently working with our online scripts team to resolve various problems created by their recent update to login protocols.

Thank you for posting the FI name, which allowed me to push for more information and resolution!

Thanks!
    edited July 2016

It's really nice to finally be getting helpful answers today.  Thanks to all of you who are helping!!!
    edited July 2016

I have to go to a meeting now and had to hang up on the tech, but he is going to continue troubleshooting, and he gave me the case number in case anyone else would like to help resolve the issue... four one five two six nine one zero one. Thanks
    edited July 2016
    I have to go to a meeting now and had to hang up on the tech, but he is going to continue troubleshooting, and he gave me the case number in case anyone else would like to help resolve the issue... four one five two six nine one zero one. Thanks
  • Quicken TamaraQuicken Tamara Member, Employee ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Please do not make any further attempts to solve this yourself, as this is a server-side fix that only the financial institution and our aggregation teams can resolve.  Any attempts you continue to make will only result in further frustration for you and could potentially put you in a situation of never being able to activate those specific accounts in this data file.

When the issue is resolved, I'll post back here for you.
  • Howard RoarkHoward Roark Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016

It's easy to get help here; just ASK.
    Remember that you are basically asking other users to help you. We don't work for Intuit, and we don't work for you: we're volunteers. So trying to throw your weight around won't get you anywhere. And whining about your previous experiences is unhelpful.

The replies you received in your first discussion were basically the direct result of the problem description you submitted.

Your original problem description did not even rise to the level of worthless.

You supplied:
    no description of the steps you took
    no description of the results you got
    no financial institution name
    no Connection Method
    no error code or message
    nothing anyone could use to analyze your problem

If that was all there was (not) to your problem description, we could just call it worthless.
    But, your problem description basically consisted of two statements that were not just false, but which did not even apply to your problem.

You said:
    "Quicken will not accept and work with online account passwords which include special characters?"

That is a false statement ... which you were told.

Then, you said:
    "I reported this issue over a year ago ...."

You did not report it here using the same user-id you are now using - so there was no way for other users here to verify your claim, or to determine what your first question consisted of.

"The response from Quicken is the same...  basically, they do not care".
    Another false statement.

Then, when you took another stab at the issue by starting a second discussion, you still supplied no useful information; preferring instead to violate the Community rules by including profanity in your post and to focus on what you mistakenly believed to be poor service, rather than focusing on your problem ... and exagerating the issue by pretending that others pointing out your mistakes in your previous discussion were being rude.
    When you started this discussion on the same subject, you did not even bother to address the information and suggestions you got in the previous discussion ... until someone asked you.

You displayed all the characteristics of someone who came here in bad faith; largely interested only in making what is a false claim, and resting your case ... perhaps hoping that making a false claim would provoke some magical response that would alter reality and make your troubles disappear.

Now that the evidence demonstrates that your original statements were wrong, and that you simply wasted your time and ours by failing to attempt to provide the evidence that might have led to you getting a better result sooner: I strongly suggest that you learn how to ASK others for assistance.

Look to provide a useful problem description when you ask a question.
    If your original question is incomplete or wrong, be prepared to update when you get responses from others trying to help.
    Refrain from pretending you're being picked on: concentrate on solving the problem.
    You could benefit by reading many discussions in this Community.
    You will discover users who volunteered the best information they had about their problem when they asked their initial question, then followed up with informative responses when asked ... and often got their problem well addressed, and even solved.