upgraded to 2016 from 2015 I do get updates from my accounts but from the sounds of all the other q

ulrichson1ulrichson1 Member
edited September 2018 in

Comments

• Quicken DaveQuicken Dave Member
    edited September 2018

Hi Ulrichson,

I'm sorry for any concern this may have caused. Is it safe to assume that the release you are referring to is the R5 release? If so, please keep in mind that the purpose of this forum is to help Quicken users that are having trouble, or have questions about Quicken. That means the majority of the posts you read here in the Quicken Live Community are coming from users that are experiencing some level of difficulty. What you don't see, is that for every user that posts a comment or a question about something not working, there are literally dozens of other users that are not experiencing any trouble at all.

I'm not trying to say that there are not problems with the R5 release, as you have seen, there are many people that have had some level of problem. Quicken developers are busy working on the R6 release, which will address as many of the problems identified in earlier releases, as possible. At this point in time, there is no information about when the R6 release will be announced.

Unfortunately, you won't know whether you will experience any of the problems reported by other users, or a problem unique to your computer configuration, unless you give it a try. Please see the Knowledge Base article below for a list of the issues that were addressed by the R5 release. If you aren't affected by any of the issues addressed, then there is probably no rush for you to update right away. Each subsequent release is built on top of the previous release, so if you skip the R5 release and update to another release in the future, you will get all of the updates from any release you missed.

Quicken 2016 for Windows Release Notes, Updates, and Mondo Patch

If this information doesn’t answer all your questions, please comment below so we can help you get the answers you need, as quickly as possible.

To help other users who may be having a similar problem, please use the buttons below to indicate whether this information was helpful.

I hope this helps,
    Dave

• ulrichson1ulrichson1 Member
    edited July 2016

Hi Ulrichson,

I'm sorry for any concern this may have caused. Is it safe to assume that the release you are referring to is the R5 release? If so, please keep in mind that the purpose of this forum is to help Quicken users that are having trouble, or have questions about Quicken. That means the majority of the posts you read here in the Quicken Live Community are coming from users that are experiencing some level of difficulty. What you don't see, is that for every user that posts a comment or a question about something not working, there are literally dozens of other users that are not experiencing any trouble at all.

I'm not trying to say that there are not problems with the R5 release, as you have seen, there are many people that have had some level of problem. Quicken developers are busy working on the R6 release, which will address as many of the problems identified in earlier releases, as possible. At this point in time, there is no information about when the R6 release will be announced.

Unfortunately, you won't know whether you will experience any of the problems reported by other users, or a problem unique to your computer configuration, unless you give it a try. Please see the Knowledge Base article below for a list of the issues that were addressed by the R5 release. If you aren't affected by any of the issues addressed, then there is probably no rush for you to update right away. Each subsequent release is built on top of the previous release, so if you skip the R5 release and update to another release in the future, you will get all of the updates from any release you missed.

Quicken 2016 for Windows Release Notes, Updates, and Mondo Patch

If this information doesn’t answer all your questions, please comment below so we can help you get the answers you need, as quickly as possible.

To help other users who may be having a similar problem, please use the buttons below to indicate whether this information was helpful.

I hope this helps,
    Dave

ok thanks for the answer and here is what I did:  went into msconfig and marked safe boot with network and restarted and had no problem with update.