Cannot Pay bill error #400

arnorrisarnorris Member
edited September 2017 in

I have paid about 5 bills so far but one bill seems to be stuck at To Send with an orange open envelope.  I try to Pay Now but get the OFX error #400

Alan

Comments

• Quicken DaveQuicken Dave Alumni
    edited September 2017

Hi Amorris,

I'm sorry for the error you are receiving when trying to pay one of your online bills. Sometimes the error #400 can be resolved at the bank's website.  Sometimes you have to "delist" your bank in Quicken for MAC and then re-enroll, which serves as a crude reset. 

To do that, follow these steps:

• Click on the Account Name in the Accounts toolbar in Quicken 
    • Click the Settings icon in the bottom right corner of the screen
    • Click the check box next to I Want To Download Transactions to remove the check mark
    • Click Save
    • Click the Settings icon again
    • Re-select the checkbox for I Want To Download Transactions
    • Click the List button
    • Select Your Bank
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen prompts to setup your account(s) again with the supported Connection method(s) for that Financial Institution.
    If this doesn't resolve the problem, please comment below so we can help you get to the bottom of this as quickly as possible.

I hope this helps,
    Dave

• arnorrisarnorris Member
    edited August 2016

Dave

I read that elsewhere but there is no box " I Want To Download Transactions" in the Settings window.  The only way I can see to deselect my bank is to click on the Connection Type and select Manual then exit Settings and then go back in and select Direct Connect.

I would also add that sometimes the icons are incorrect.  For instance I have paid 3 bills and they all displayed either open or closed icons depending on their status yet the icon list states the gray envelopes indicate a non-bill pay transaction.

Alan
  • arnorrisarnorris Member
    edited July 2016
    arnorris said:

Dave

I read that elsewhere but there is no box " I Want To Download Transactions" in the Settings window.  The only way I can see to deselect my bank is to click on the Connection Type and select Manual then exit Settings and then go back in and select Direct Connect.

I would also add that sometimes the icons are incorrect.  For instance I have paid 3 bills and they all displayed either open or closed icons depending on their status yet the icon list states the gray envelopes indicate a non-bill pay transaction.

Alan

I disabled Direct Connect and then enabled it again thus disconnecting from my bank but that bill will not send.
    Alan
  • frankfrank Member
    edited December 2016

Hi Amorris,

I'm sorry for the error you are receiving when trying to pay one of your online bills. Sometimes the error #400 can be resolved at the bank's website.  Sometimes you have to "delist" your bank in Quicken for MAC and then re-enroll, which serves as a crude reset. 

• Click the check box next to I Want To Download Transactions to remove the check mark
    • Click Save
    • Click the List button
    • Select Your Bank
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen prompts to setup your account(s) again with the supported Connection method(s) for that Financial Institution.
    If this doesn't resolve the problem, please comment below so we can help you get to the bottom of this as quickly as possible.

I hope this helps,
    Dave

I have the same problem.  i deactivated and now i can't activate!  I get a "Oops. We'r having a problem.  Quicken cannot communicate with PNC Bank - Direct Connect".
  • frankfrank Member
    edited December 2016

Hi Amorris,

• Click Save
    • Click the List button
    • Select Your Bank

I hope this helps,
    Dave

I kept on trying and now i am set back up with direct connect.  I tried to pay a bill and still getting the #400 error.  Also getting this on another checking account with PNC.
  • frankfrank Member
    edited December 2016

Hi Amorris,

• Click Save
    • Click the List button
    • Select Your Bank

I hope this helps,
    Dave

I added a different payee and sent a check and that worked.  then I changed the name of the payee i was having a problem with (the name was really long)and sent another check and that work.  maybe the payee name was too long?
  • dhullx2dhullx2 Member
    edited July 2016

Hi Amorris,

• Click Save
    • Click the List button
    • Select Your Bank

I hope this helps,
    Dave

Quicken moderator suggestion did not help.  But, as suggested byAmorris, I shortened the payee name and that resolved the problem.  Would be helpful if Quicken had an edit check for this or more helpful error message.