Why do I get a "Biller not found" message when I try to remove a biller in Manage Bills?

Rich_MRich_M SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 22 in

I just updated to Release R5 and was hoping I would now be able to remove unwanted bills in Manage Bills.

This function still does not work, but now I am presented with a new type of error message.

There have been a number of posts regarding this issue, but I haven't seen a solution to this problem.

Can anyone tell me how to successfully remove billers from Manage Bills?

Quicken 2017 Premier - Windows 10

Comments

• Quicken DaveQuicken Dave Alumni
    edited January 22

Hi RichMNY,

I'm sorry for the trouble you are having with the "Biller Not Found" message. The R5 release of Quicken 2016 has corrected several issues related to the Online Bills feature. If you haven't already done so, please visit the link below and download and Manual Patch Update. If the application still does not take R5 manual patch update, then I suggest you download and run the R5 Mondo patch. 

Quicken 2016 for Windows Release Notes, Updates, and Mondo Patch

If this information doesn’t answer all your questions, please comment below so we can help you get the answers you need, as quickly as possible.

To help other users who may be having a similar problem, please use the buttons below to indicate whether this information was helpful.

I hope this helps,
    Dave
  • Rich_MRich_M SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

Hi RichMNY,

I'm sorry for the trouble you are having with the "Biller Not Found" message. The R5 release of Quicken 2016 has corrected several issues related to the Online Bills feature. If you haven't already done so, please visit the link below and download and Manual Patch Update. If the application still does not take R5 manual patch update, then I suggest you download and run the R5 Mondo patch. 

If this information doesn’t answer all your questions, please comment below so we can help you get the answers you need, as quickly as possible.

To help other users who may be having a similar problem, please use the buttons below to indicate whether this information was helpful.

I hope this helps,
    Dave
    I clearly stated in my original question that I have already updated to Release R5 and that it does not resolve this particular issue.
  • dahunterdahunter Member
    edited July 2016

Hi RichMNY,

I hope this helps,
    Dave
    Same problem here.  Seems that my problems started when quicken changed the password format and when I did, it set up a second account in mint.com  I can now login to mint with user ID and either password.  When I go to settings in Mint screen freezes.  Currently on hold for support.
  • RandyRandy Member
    edited July 2016

Hi RichMNY,

I hope this helps,
    Dave
    Same issue here.  I cannot remove old bills in manage bills get same message as above
    edited December 2016

Hi RichMNY,

I hope this helps,
    Dave
    [mention://981493 @dahunter] , [mention://3227393 @reubankcrw2] , thanks for chiming in on this one, still looking for an answer or update to this question from the Quicken team.
  • edited November 2016

Hi RichMNY,

I hope this helps,
    Dave
    I have NEVER been so frustrated in my life.  After a lifetime of upgrading to the most recent version, there was virtually NOTHING new in Q2016!  Thought the bills piece would be the one redeeming aspect...  I was wrong!  I am having the same problem as above.  I cannot delete superfluous/duplicated/triplicated accounts with the manage bills feature...even after the mondo update.  The accounts DO NOT exist in mint.  The error suggests that the bills don't exist, or that they were created with another intuit id.  AND, if I simply attempt to update, or refresh my login credentials...it adds yet another account...  that works as intended.  BUT, my screen is filled with all of the non-removable, outdated biller account data.  Maddening!  Please address this ASAP.  Thank you.
  • geewiz2k1geewiz2k1 Member
    edited July 2016

Hi RichMNY,

I hope this helps,
    Dave
    I'm having the same problem with my AT&T bill. This started when for some unknown reason AT&T locked my account. The only way to unlock it was to reset my password. So I did that and updated my password in Mint, Mint-Bills and I saw that Quicken already had a fail to update error, which I assumed was due to the password issue. But when I try to update the password it just creates a new AT&T entry and leaves this one with a failed update error. When I try to update from the biller nothing happens, when I try to remove this entry I get the error everyone else above gets. I have already updated to R5, that has not been of any help. Also the new update does not still allow you to put multiple bills from the same biller in the online billing.
  • hashbyhashby Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016

Hi RichMNY,

I hope this helps,
    Dave
    I have similar problems with 4 of the 11 linked bills I have setup.  I have had these same issues both before and after the R5 update.  I cannot remove any of these 5 bills using Manage Bills nor can I add new bills to the same billers.  Depending on the bill, I either get the Biller not Found error or the Failed to Remove error when trying to delete.  If I try and add the biller again without removing I get an Error-Server Error.  In the case of 3 of these, the updates have not worked since Jan 11 but the mint bills data looks perfect.  The other 7 work perfectly and I get timely updates.
  • thorn5thorn5 Member
    edited August 2016

Hi RichMNY,

I hope this helps,
    Dave
    Only 1 of 7 of my linked billers (AT&T Wireless) is updating.  The other 6 have not updated since November and December of last year.    "Click to refresh" does nothing, and I cannot remove any of the 6 that don't work.
  • hmdayhmday Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016

Hi RichMNY,

I hope this helps,
    Dave
    I have that problem and more. i have billers that are duplicated and update or remove any of them...what's up with that. anyone have a solution other than going to mint bills adding and removing billers or validating the file?
    edited July 2016

Hi RichMNY,

I hope this helps,
    Dave
    Has anyone found any answers to this issue? Just wondered if there has been any updates?
  • thorn5thorn5 Member
    edited August 2016

Hi RichMNY,

I hope this helps,
    Dave
    Not a word from anyone that I know of.
  • tbone100tbone100 Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016

Hi RichMNY,

I hope this helps,
    Dave
    Same problem here. Cannot remove any bill from the Manage Bills section. I get "Biller not found, biller either does not exist, or belongs to different Intuit ID" error message. I am on R5, and have had this problem for months. I have given up hope for a solution....
  • hashbyhashby Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016

Hi RichMNY,

I hope this helps,
    Dave
    Has anyone tried contacting support to see what they say about "Biller not found" error?  I gave up after 30 minutes last week.
  • hmdayhmday Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016

Hi RichMNY,

I hope this helps,
    Dave
    they have you log into mint bills with inuit id and pw, set up biller, delete biller, refresh quicken by updating, biller should be gone... did not work for me. there does not appear to be solution, i have given up on online bill.
    edited January 22

1. To delete all the billers that are set up on your Quicken, please press Ctrl + Alt + Shift > Add Biller > Clear All.
    2. Try re-adding your billers again.

Open Online Bills window.

Hold down Ctrl+Alt+Shift and click the Add New Bill button in upper right corner

Manage Biller Accounts window will open.

Click on Clear All button in lower left corner.

This will clear all billers and give you a fresh start to re-add billers.
  • hmdayhmday Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    dahunter said:

1. To delete all the billers that are set up on your Quicken, please press Ctrl + Alt + Shift > Add Biller > Clear All.

Hold down Ctrl+Alt+Shift and click the Add New Bill button in upper right corner

wow worked great! Thanks
  • hashbyhashby Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    dahunter said:

Worked for me also! Much appreciated.
  • thorn5thorn5 Member
    edited August 2016
    dahunter said:

That did it!  Thank you for your persistence, DAHunter.
    edited December 2016
    dahunter said:

[mention://981493 @dahunter] You answered my question with a simple solution that worked. :relieved:

Brilliant!! :smile:
    edited December 2016
    dahunter said:

The next problem that needs to be addressed is the "Biller already linked" message.  Although this method successfully removed all of my billers I cannot relink any of them again.  So I will not be able to try this feature again until this is resolved.
  • hmdayhmday Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    dahunter said:

I contacted support at mint bills. They removed my billers from their server, which is the server quicken uses for the online biller. Then I was able to re-link my bills.
    edited December 2016
    dahunter said:

[mention://2123766 @hmday] Thanks!
  • edited July 2016
    dahunter said:

That successfully cleared out all bills - linked and the multiple instances (up to 5) that I had some some bills.  However, when I create the first new bill either directly or linking a reminder, in addition to the desired bill, I get five instances of a bill with no biller name.  Doesn't matter which bill or reminder I select to start with.  The only way I can get rid of them is to clear all bills using this procedure.  One step forward, two steps sideways.
  • edited July 2016

Hi RichMNY,

I hope this helps,
    Dave
    I presumably have been bumped through Level 2 support to development.  We have set up two different telephone call appointments, and no matter how explicit I am as to what number to call me at, they keep using the one in my profile so we never connect - I'm 1500 miles away.  i finally changed the phone number in my profile in the event I get a third shot at a phone call.  Not real happy here.
  • DwightDwight Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    dahunter said:

I also have this issue. This solution cleared out all of my named billers - thank you. However, I am left with two unnamed billers that I can't seem to delete.