2016 premier r6 account list does not update after entering transactions until you exit the program

billbill Member
edited January 11 in

Comments

• splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Are you referring to the Account Bar rather than the Account List?
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• billbill Member
    edited September 2018
    yes, where you see all your accounts.nothing updates till you restart the program
  • DCCDCC Member
    edited January 11
    I had this same problem after updating to R6.  I think I've fixed mine by resetting the account register columns to their default.
  • billbill Member
    edited September 2018
    thanks, I'll give it a try
  • billbill Member
    edited September 2018
    that did it thank you
  • billbill Member
    edited September 2018
    Sorry. It worked for a couple transactions but its back to not updating in the bar
  • DCCDCC Member
    edited February 2017
    Yep, same here.  Today mine is not updating either.  R6 not good.
  • DCCDCC Member
    edited December 2016
    DCC said:

I had this same problem after updating to R6.  I think I've fixed mine by resetting the account register columns to their default.

Didn't fix it.  Today, my account bar will not update when a transaction is entered into a register.  As soon as I click the gear for register columns, it will update.  This was working fine before the R6 update.
  • HubHub Member
    edited July 2016
    DCC said:

Problem continues.  Hasn't worked since the R6 update.
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

Is your Account Bar set to show the "Current" balance rather than the "Ending" balance and the transactions that you are entering happen to be future transactions?
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• HubHub Member
    edited July 2016
    splasher said:

Is your Account Bar set to show the "Current" balance rather than the "Ending" balance and the transactions that you are entering happen to be future transactions?

After the above comment I did change it to show ending balance but there are absolutely No future transactions in the balances
  • DCCDCC Member
    edited December 2016
    splasher said:

Mine is set to show current balance and no future transactions.
  • markus1957markus1957 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    DCC said:

Try toggling between a one-line and 2-line register display.

When this issue occurs is the total at the bottom of the account register updating? I suspect not. Is it limited to Bank and/or Investment account types? For both manual entries and download entries?

It might also be data file corruption  that a validate or super-validate might resolve.
  • billbill Member
    edited July 2016
    DCC said:

one or two line does'nt change it Bottom of account register does change automatically
    edited December 2016
    DCC said:

Have you tried the data file repair processes?
    http://www.quicken.com/how-do-i-troubleshoot-damaged-quicken-data-file
  • R SR S Member
    edited July 2016
    I have this exact, same issue in H&B.  I need and R7 to fix this now!
  • Howard RoarkHoward Roark Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Bombast here will achieve nothing: you'll get a new release when the Quicken developers provide one.
    Even then, you're not guaranteed to get this minor problem fixed.
    In the meantime; you can try Accepting one downloaded transaction manually ... then using Accept All to accept the rest.
  • ChrisChris Member
    edited July 2016
    DCC said:

I actually tried chatting with Quicken support regarding this issue. They insisted it was an issue connecting to the bank (even though I was asking about a cash account not connected to a bank) and then eventually they just disconnected me after almost two hours of troubleshooting with no success. Ridiculous...
    edited December 2016
    DCC said:

[mention://1185473 @chrispo86] if you create a new file and a new cash account do you still see the behavior? Tesdt for software versus data file corruption.
  • ChrisChris Member
    edited July 2016
    DCC said:

Yes, was able to reproduce same behavior in a new file after uninstalling/re-installing. Also tried a verification/repair of my data file with Quicken support and everything checked out with no issues.
  • billbill Member
    edited July 2016
    DCC said:

I went back to r4 until something is done. I chatted with someone and they knew of no such problem : They said they would send it to a a manager, that was a few days ago. Have not seen anything since. I have tried all the suggestions every one gave me BUT r4 seems to be the best solution for now
    edited December 2016
    DCC said:

Are you using Mobile Services? Are you using new Linked Biller service?

My Win 10 Q16 R6 H&B is not having OSU issues or refresh issues, but I do not use (I show a "Get Started" status on the tabs) the features mentioned. I know from looking in Program Data folder new files have been pushed by recent updates. The fact that [mention://1185473 @chrispo86] sees this in a new file suggests some kind of installation, windows permissions or firewall issue.  Have any of you poked around in the Windows Event Log or firewall log to see if a quicken component is throwing an error?
  • Quicken KathrynQuicken Kathryn Administrator ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 11

Hi All,

Thank you for reporting this issue--we have confirmed this, and are working right now to get this fixed in the next release for Quicken 2016 (R7).  As soon as we have more information, we'll post it to the community--

Thanks,
    Quicken Kathryn
    Quicken Kathryn
    Community Administrator
    edited December 2016

Hi All,

Thank you for reporting this issue--we have confirmed this, and are working right now to get this fixed in the next release for Quicken 2016 (R7).  As soon as we have more information, we'll post it to the community--

Thanks,
    Quicken Kathryn

http://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/fix-may-have-found-a-solution-for-account-bar-not-updating

May have found a solution for Account Bar not updating

Several have posted that when posting to a register, the account bar doesn't reflect the same amount as the register.  I have been able to get it to update a couple of ways, but ultimately, I may have found a better solution.  I went to Edit>Preferences>Investments Transactions>Uncheck "Automatically update quotes every 15 minutes".  I have no idea why this works, but now, every time I enter a transaction into a register, the account bar updates correctly like it did before R6.  Please note that by having this item checked, in my case, the quotes were not updating anyway and that's another issue.