back up in case file gets corrupted

SilverthunderSilverthunder Member ✭✭
edited June 2018 in

In order to be extra cautious, I am thinking about backing up files in another way, besides the .qdf file.  I suppose the other method is to export each account as a .qif?  Then, you can convert them to an Excel or .csv file using a 3rd party program.  

Are there any other methods that I might not be thinking of?

Comments

• Levoy HLevoy H SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017

You're running a Mac - just use Time Machine and you'll have more backups than you'll ever possibly need.  
  • Levoy HLevoy H SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Duplicate deleted (not sure how the heck that happened).
  • Quicken DaveQuicken Dave Alumni
    edited June 2018

Hi Silverthunder,

I'm sorry for any confusion this may have caused. Just to support the information provided by Art_h, and in case you need it for future reference, here's a link to a Knowledge Base article that talks about backing up your data files in Quicken for Mac:

Backing up data files in Quicken for Mac If this information doesn’t answer all your questions, please comment below so we can help you get the answers you need, as quickly as possible.

To help other users who may be having a similar problem, please use the buttons below to indicate whether this information helped to resolve this issue.

I hope this helps,
    Dave
  • SilverthunderSilverthunder Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016

Hi Silverthunder,

I'm sorry for any confusion this may have caused. Just to support the information provided by Art_h, and in case you need it for future reference, here's a link to a Knowledge Base article that talks about backing up your data files in Quicken for Mac:

Backing up data files in Quicken for Mac

If this information doesn’t answer all your questions, please comment below so we can help you get the answers you need, as quickly as possible.

To help other users who may be having a similar problem, please use the buttons below to indicate whether this information helped to resolve this issue.

I hope this helps,
    Dave
    I see where you guys are coming from.  But what I was more getting at is having a backup for unique situations.  For example, let's say you need to show your Quicken data to the IRS.  And, the IRS does not accept Quicken files.  Further, let's say an update to Quicken changes the software to not allow you to export QIF files.  By the way, I accidentally put that I am on Quicken for Mac.  I am on Quicken for Windows, though.