I cannot find the 401K update wizard in Quicken Premier 2017

Scott2
Scott2 Member ✭✭
edited October 2018 in Investing (Windows)
I open the account, but at the top of the page I see the gray bar with only the first letters of the account name in it.   Nothing else is in the gray bar -- like the command "account actions".   I therefore cannot update the account from my statement and the account does not offer electronic updates.

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    You are using pop-up registers.

There has been a bug in Quicken for a long time that if you are using pop-up registers they don't show the "gear icon" for account actions (or the action bar in general).

You will need to turn off Pop-up registers to see those controls.

On the account name only being a T.  I'm not sure, but once you get the gear icon back you can look in the account details and see if it is in fact just a T or if something else is going on.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2017
    I'm not using Pop-up registers and I cannot find the 401K update wizard in Quicken 2017 Premier.  I am able to see and use the gear icon, but it doesn't appear as an option under the actions.  I do have it under other 401k accounts.  The account in question appears to be set up correct (Account type 401k, Yes to Tax Deferred).
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017

I'm not using Pop-up registers and I cannot find the 401K update wizard in Quicken 2017 Premier.  I am able to see and use the gear icon, but it doesn't appear as an option under the actions.  I do have it under other 401k accounts.  The account in question appears to be set up correct (Account type 401k, Yes to Tax Deferred).

Kitt, if your 401(k) is set up for downloading transactions, the 401(k) wizard will not be available in account actions. The presumption is for accounts where transactions are downloaded, there is no need for a wizard as the downloaded transactions will capture all the info the would be manually added via the wizard.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.