Enable customizing the Mac net worth report by year (40 Legacy Votes)

Tony AlwardtTony Alwardt Member ✭✭
edited November 15 in Reports (Mac)
Currently the net worth report in Quicken 2017 for Mac does not enable you to set the filter criteria by year.  Instead it defaults to show the data for every month. In the windows version I often run this report with the data displayed across all time shown per year.  I really miss this report in the mac version.
Tagged:
6 votes

No Status · Last Updated

Comments

• smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    You may also want to add your VOTE to MANY types of reports and report features, here: https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/list-of-requests-for-report-types-and-related-fe...

Click the link above 
    to go take a look at the list and vote for the ones you want to see implemented in Quicken for Mac. 

Be sure to scroll down the page, as some contain lists of related features.  Click on the link to EACH IDEA separatelyThen you click the VOTE button at the top of EACH page that opens up respectively to increase the count and therefore its visibility to the developers

If you do not click VOTE at the top of the page of each feature, your vote will NOT be counted for THAT feature!

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(Canadian  user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
  • Snoopy FCSnoopy FC Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Tony, couldn't agree more.  Just added the same thought here before I noticed your addition.  https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/enable-customizing-the-mac-net-worth-report-by-y...
    QMac Subscription - iMac - Quicken Mac user since 1995
  • Snoopy FCSnoopy FC Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Add option to show years in the table below the graph in the net worth report QM2....

Right now the table only shows month/year for each column, as shown in the picture below.  Can we add the option to only show the data by year?  I have too many months to look across and it would be more helpful to see by year.  

QMac Subscription - iMac - Quicken Mac user since 1995
  • ErickErick Member ✭✭
    edited November 15

I agree with the year idea.  I would also like quarterly columns.
  • CKCK Member
    edited May 2018
    I totally agree.  And there is no way to view the entire report because it extends horizontally without scroll bars.
  • edited May 2018
    There are many features that were available in Windows, but this is the one I miss the most after switching to MAC version.  
  • markrougeuxmarkrougeux Member ✭✭
    Net worth reports are as of a moment in time. A snapshot. But the Reporting function only wants to give a range of dates. From x month to x month, which is not what I want. I want a typical, end of year report. I don't care about all the months of the year. Just a simple snapshot that will appear on one page. Currently, the net worth report spill over 3 pages! It's disastrous, and hopelessly useless. The old Quicken 2007 for the Mac had a very nice Net Worth report as well as a good Income Report (Income reports ARE for a period of time, not snapshots.) I don't understand how after all these years of the new Quicken, I cannot generate simple Income statements and Balance Sheets. Please provide this very basic functionality. Thanks
  • RickORickO SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you click customize and change the date range to "this month", you will have a point in time net worth report.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
    And what is the precise date of "this month?"
    You don't generate balance sheets for "a month." They are as of a point in time. This particular day, or that. If I enter "this month," what will be the day of that month from which the data is gathered? There could be up to 31 possibilities! You see the problem? Quicken doesn't let you choose A date, apparently. So if I want a report for 12/31/18, how do I create that?

Then there is also the mammoth problem with the formatting, as I mentioned. At least Q2007 knew how to format financial reports!
  • RickORickO SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The date is as of the last day of the month. But I agree, you should be able to choose any specific date.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, this sounds like another shortcoming in QMac's reports.  In QWin, we can choose any dates that we want via the "Custom Date" option;

Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
    Q2007 for the Mac understood that you didn't want or need to specify and interval for a net worth statement. It's pointless to specify a "from" and "to" date for it. In Q2007, there was simply a box for a single date. Wonder why that is so hard to implement?
  • stanstan Member ✭✭
    Since the above dialogue has not prompted any action on Quicken's part, I have added my voice to the need to add some of the basic report formatting available in Windows versions to the Mac version. Something as elementary as making the graph printing optional would certainly help.